Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 5
UK Live Sites

georgek

Total Posts:  23

Hello

Went live today with my site www.bopbaloo.com. I’m using Protx VSP Forms.

George

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Andbrook

Total Posts:  2

Hello

We launched a new site last Friday for Kshocolat a luxury chocolate company based in Glasgow. The site is www.kshocolat.co.uk.

We also added an additional custom module of our own to enable customers to create reminders for their friends.

Magento Community
Magento Community

georgek

That’s a really nice site Andy!
Only thing I noticed was the breadcrumbs obscure the browse by dropdown and stop you highlighting.

Magento Community
Magento Community

SecretSanta

Total Posts:  79

Hi all

www.PhoneDevil.com

My site has been live for about 6 weeks now.  Unfortunately haven’t been able to spend a great amount of time on it since it went live, mainly because I have a day job and because my product (SImDevil) is selling too well!

My main priorities:
1) Sort out the royal mail stuff
2) Get a payment gateway (NoChex seems to be the best available as it accepts Maestro/Solo - why isn’t there an add-on for it yet?!)
3) Get integrated with affiliate software.
4) Upgrade! Unfortunately I understand this will overwrite all my manual edits (done by me and someone I hired through here)?
5) Get lightbox added

Magento Community
Magento Community

newtothis

Total Posts:  28

Hi

Re this…

callumbush - 15 October 2008 07:23 AM

4) Upgrade! Unfortunately I understand this will overwrite all my manual edits (done by me and someone I hired through here)?

it depends on the edits, but you might be able to copy the whole of the folder (which the edited files are within) and then rename this to a custom theme which you can then use via the config | design | theme settings

i did a similar thing here, editing files in the “default” folders and managed to sort it this way.

hope this helps

Magento Community
Magento Community

boardwalk

Cornwall, UK

Hi All,

We finally have a site up using Magento, http://www.boardwalksurf.co.uk . We are a UK based Surf Retailer, stocking most brands.
Very please with magento although a few problems have now been resolved and its just a case of adding more stock.
Would love to use the API to integrate to our backend systems although there seems to be more problems with this and using with .NET and soap. I await the release of the next version which hopefully will have these problems resolved and can use the API’s to there max.
Let us know what you think would love to hear other peoples views and opinions.

Thanks

James

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sindre|ProperHost
Mentor

Total Posts:  1158

@boardwalk: nice site, James. I like how you have customized the top drop-down menues as well. Most of the sites I have seen just leave the defaults.

Magento Community
Magento Community

WebShopApps
Guru

Total Posts:  460
London, UK

This site just went live:

Useful World

I’ve a few small issues, and have plans to make the home page a bit more dynamic, but generally I’m pretty pleased with it. 

Rgds

Karen

Magento Community
Magento Community

dogfoodmedia

Total Posts:  7

Hi everyone

Nice to see other UK users getting results with Magento smile

Our store has been live for a couple of weeks now and is still being developed.

http://www.earthspirit.org.uk

Let me know what you think of the design/functionality etc. Spent a lot of time working on performance too. Payments are via PayPal, Google Checkout and credit/debit cards using PayPal’s Website Payments Pro. Works fairly well but is a long way off perfect and a nightmare to attempt to debug.

Our biggest problem so far is Magento’s reliance on Javascript (especially on the one page checkout). Confuses the hell out of users.

Steve

Magento Community
Magento Community

shiftlocked

Total Posts:  3

Our site just went live Thermaltech.co.uk

I know it looks ery stock but this is down to the fact with that many patches and upgrades due to be coming out, time spent with hard core customisation could be wiped away on a new release.  Also a lot of things we are after would have to be hand coded, by keeping it simple the chances of anything getting broken on an upgrade should be minimal.

My only real gripe at the moment is that there is no way to export orders :-(

Magento Community
Magento Community

JamesAddison

Total Posts:  1

That is nice post.The Attributes did take ages to setup, but you only need to do it once and the time spent setting up is justified by the time saved when entering new products in.

Dildo
Sex Toys
Adult Toys

Magento Community
Magento Community

sarahb

Total Posts:  24

Hello

Just thought I would post my site as it has gone live and wondered if any of you would let me know what you think!
http://www.cosmeticsfairy.co.uk/

Magento Community
Magento Community

QWERTY Computers

Total Posts:  9
Halifax, West Yorkshire

We’ve had a store open for a couple of months now, selling custom built computers. Going to be adding a lot of new stock in the next few weeks.

http://www.qwertypcservices.com/

Magento Community
Magento Community

got-bonsai

Total Posts:  136
Wales, UK

Our site has just gone live at www.got-bonsai.co.uk.
It is using the blue theme, modified a little.

We were hoping to personalise the design a lot more than we have but ran out of time and had to get the thing live again after closing our old non-magento site.

Although it is live and (touch wood) working ok there are a lot of alterations and improvements to do.
We’d welcome any suggestions or comments.......

Magento Community
Magento Community

joseph23

Total Posts:  3

Our site, Rawr, is finally up! It’s based on the modern theme…

We sell raw chocolate in the UK.

Still sorting out some final issues/bugs, but for the most part it’s working.

Any feedback appreciated!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 5