Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 5
UK Live Sites

pauljg1

Total Posts:  179

Hi,

has anyone gone into production with there site yet?

(i feel no-one will reply downer )

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Zdenek Hornych

Total Posts:  5

Hello, we’ve launched our new e-shop with Tivoli Audio products.

Take a look at the side: www.tivoliaudio.cz
Created by positive creative studio PositiveZero.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Darren Grant

Total Posts:  84

A bit outside of the UK, I think the original poster was hoping to find someone who has managed to overcome the hurdles to get a site working in the UK.

Magento Community
Magento Community

onesimpleman

Total Posts:  24

Our shopping cart is almost ready , few teething problems but should be ready in a month.  ( Is Adult toys ...so dont click through if you are offended)
Self Toy

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ross
Guru

Total Posts:  336
Scarborough, North Yorkshire, UK

www.dottielottie.co.uk

Magento Community
Magento Community

FatDan

Total Posts:  14

Looks good Ross. Fast and nice styling.

I would address the duplicate product url issue but that’s just personal perference and probably won’t matter to google.

What payment methods does the site accept?

Magento Community
Magento Community

WebShopApps
Guru

Total Posts:  460
London, UK

http://www.usefullygreen.co.uk

Accepts paypal, google checkout. Protx by Friday!  Protx tested out okay, just waiting for go-live from merchant.

Please, please can some designers build us some themes for Magento, I’m sure there will be a big market.

Usefully Green Store UK - Magento powered

Magento Community
Magento Community

MarioMatt

Total Posts:  3

http://silkweddingdesigns.com/

Hi UK forum,

I thought you all may like to see our magento store, Silk Wedding Designs, http://silkweddingdesigns.com/

It’s taken a while to develop, and we are still loading it with products, but it’s a UK based site, and it is live and fully operational.

Would be interested in your comments before we put it in the ‘showoff forum’.

Thanks

Matthew

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ross
Guru

Total Posts:  336
Scarborough, North Yorkshire, UK

Hi Matthew,
The silk weddings site looks good.  It looks professionally done, and works well.
I notice that the site uses the default text such as ‘cart’ (I prefer ‘basket’), but you may be happy with that.
Cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

Graham

Total Posts:  6

Both of those sites look good, have you managed to solve the VAT issues or are you not vat registered?

G

Magento Community
Magento Community

Marnie

Total Posts:  1
Hampshire, UK

Just started using Magento and I love it, what an improvement on the competition.  I’ve been using the Zend Framework for around 6 months now on another project and was pleased to find Magento was built using the same framework, it’s been very easy to navigate around the code because of this.  Nevertheless the admin panel is pretty comprehensive with the only minor shortcomings being the inability to remove test orders but I used an sql script to remove them directly from the database and lack of shipping modules relevant to the UK but I’ve managed to get round these with the flat and table rate modules.  Even the default template worked well for us, only really changed colours in the CSS.  The site I’m developing is not fully operational yet because we’re still waiting on content from the client but here’s the URL if you want to take a look.  Comments welcome.

Mummy and Me

Marnie cool smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

WebShopApps
Guru

Total Posts:  460
London, UK

Hi,

On the back of Usefully Green I’ve just completed another site for a new stream of products I am launching. 

See http://www.rawsecurity.co.uk

Only has the one product at present, but I wanted to use Magento to enable me to add more without difficulty.

This site has the VAT calculations working correctly. At present I’m only shipping to the UK to make life easier.

I’m awaiting Protx still with regards to credit card payments, had a problem as Barclaycard insisted I get another merchant number which took about a month for them to assign.

It only took me about 15 hours to create this site from scratch. I am quite familiar with the way Magento works now, and using Firefox with the CSS editor has definitely made my life easier.

Oh, and the Eikon Digital Privacy Manager is a great little product, especially if you are a web developer with lots of passwords!! wink

Rgds

Karen

Magento Community
Magento Community

pilch

Total Posts:  23
Westcountry, UK

onesimpleman - 20 May 2008 07:21 AM

Our shopping cart is almost ready , few teething problems but should be ready in a month.  ( Is Adult toys ...so dont click through if you are offended)
Self Toy

I thoroughly enjoyed your site’s layout and really enjoyed the fact that you’d made the most of the categories, was able to find what I was looking for VERY quickly… good work

Marnie - 03 July 2008 06:45 AM

Just started using Magento and I love it, what an improvement on the competition.  I’ve been using the Zend Framework for around 6 months now on another project and was pleased to find Magento was built using the same framework, it’s been very easy to navigate around the code because of this.  Nevertheless the admin panel is pretty comprehensive with the only minor shortcomings being the inability to remove test orders but I used an sql script to remove them directly from the database and lack of shipping modules relevant to the UK but I’ve managed to get round these with the flat and table rate modules.  Even the default template worked well for us, only really changed colours in the CSS.  The site I’m developing is not fully operational yet because we’re still waiting on content from the client but here’s the URL if you want to take a look.  Comments welcome.

Mummy and Me

Marnie cool smile

Hi Marnie!

I was a little confused, expecting perhaps better navigation through clearer thoughts to some category design, and with that would come some layered navigation.  Personally I would always have some product on landing page, even if it’s one tub of Peter Rabbit Handwash..

The “Petter Rabbit Organic Baby Products” link doesn’t really act as expected, i.e like the Home link within the Breadcrumbs.

Loved the simple colouring though.

Regards,

Rich

Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_

Total Posts:  1961
London-ish, UK

onesimpleman - 20 May 2008 07:21 AM

Self Toy

You can do with revisiting some of your descriptions. I wouldn’t buy a £600 item based on one sentence and one image alone.

And this seems written by someone in the far east:

This is a great sex doll it have 3 penetrating holes; mouth,Virgina and anal.

This also has a wireless vibrations which will deliver excellent orgasms.

“Stick him into my Virgina!”

Other than that, installation and navigation wise everything seems fine. Loads quite fast too.

Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_

Total Posts:  1961
London-ish, UK

Alex, great use of the attributes. Must have taken some time to enter but works very well on the comparison I tried (MP4 players). That feature alone makes Magento worthwhile.

Magento Community
Magento Community

insight

Total Posts:  58

Hey all,

whats the payment gateway of choice for people? I have a client that already has a merchant account so was hoping to use something like worldpay or cybersource to process the payments. i’ve found the cybersource extension but i think it will only work with the US version, i may see if i can ‘borrow’ the source code and get it going for the UK.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 5