Magento Forum

I can’t use Unirgy Gift certificate: don’t appear the field to insert Gift Code

Sirswatch

Total Posts:  23

Hi,
I’m a novice in Magento but I have an high skill on php. I’m in trouble with this great addon. On Admin everything work fine, on the front end I can buy a Gift certificate and I can see the balance.

But the big problem is the field for insert the Gift code during checkout dont’appear.
I use a custom layout located under /blank/theme055
Under this directory I have copied ugifcert.xml into /layout and /template/unirgy/giftcert/ content

The problem is my Magent use the templates under /checkout/ and not under /sales/ as staded on Unirgy wiki

for example the column for subtotal and total order amount is displayed by these templates:
frontend/blank/default/template/checkout/cart/totals.phtml
frontend/blank/default/template/checkout/total/default.phtml

I have worked one day without succes. Any idea ?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

iconcept²

Total Posts:  6

hello do you have a solution i have a same problem

Magento Community
Magento Community

mptorr

Total Posts:  62

bump… did anyone figure this out?

Magento Community
Magento Community

jaycollett

Total Posts:  28

Should be able to enter the code in the discount box. The seperate field for gift card was removed and the discount code input field is reused.

Magento Community
Magento Community

doubledowndanny

Total Posts:  1

I had the same question, and it is confirmed that the normal coupon code box/area is now used for the gift codes as well. After doing this however, I felt that the area was not defined well enough as stating “Coupon Code; If you have a coupon code enter it here.”, so below is how to change this.

Changing the title area of “Coupon Code”, to “Coupon & Gift Codes”, or other.

Follow your root path to, /app/design/frontend/base/default/template/checkout/cart/coupon.phtml

The file you will want to edit is coupon.phtml, the line of code appears at 27-30

Hope this helps someone! I searched for a quite while.

Magento Community
Magento Community

myncali

Total Posts:  9

Thank you for the info!!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Pankaj Pandey

Total Posts:  8

May be i am off the topic i am getting ERROR: bad md5sum for file html/app/code/community/Unirgy/Giftcert/README.txt and not able to install through connect manager

Magento Community
Magento Community

Kukulcan

Total Posts:  22

you can download the extension (link here: http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/modules_reference/english/unirgy_giftcert/adminhtml_cert/index) and copy on server

Magento Community
Magento Community

TomSmith

Total Posts:  112

We’ve published a great Magento Gift Cards (Gift Certificates, Vouchers, Coupons) Extension.

Visit Extension Page: Gift card | Gift certificate

Live Demo: http://magebay.com/livedemo/index.php/gift-card-gift-certificate.html

Backend Demo: http://magebay.com/livedemo/giftcert/index.php/admin

Thanks!!!!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Robben1

Total Posts:  21

If you really want to integrate Magento Gift Card to your site, I think you’d better select a high quality module. And I strongly recommend to you Gift Card extension by Magestore. The module is easy to configure and create/ manage gift cards, gift codes. I also can print them out to use for offline programs. If you want a handy marketing tool, you should give it a try: http://www.magestore.com/magento-gift-card-extension.html
Actually, I keep coming back to this provider because of their super responsive support smile The team solved some minor issues along the way, and answered all my questions. They worked hard until I was satisfied.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community