Magento Forum

Custom theme reverts back to default when viewing Product pages only

joolsr

Total Posts:  99

Hi

I have setup my site so that my custom theming comes out from a sub dir off the first default theme (sorry still not used to their terminology for this), i.e. 

/skin/frontend/default/mystyle

under there is an images and css folder with my custom css and images.

This works fine for normal pages, categories, and checkout pages in the site. However, when I click onto any actual Product Page, the styling goes back to the original default Magento theme, and its grabbing the images and css from /skin/frontend//default/default instead.

I have configured the site so that my theme name is present in each config, from the default Config down through the each store, ie

Translations mystyle
Templates mystyle
Skin (Images / CSS) mystyle
Layout mystyle
Default mystyle

I have no ideas now, on how to ensure that my custom theming comes through on Product pages. Any ideas ?

Julian
UK

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

joolsr

Just as a test, I copied all my theme folder into a local magento install running on my dev pc here. Set it up with theme poiting to the correct theme, and guess what - it works on product pages too.

I cant see why it works here and not on my remote server. All permissions on files seem correct too.

Any ideas? I’m considering copying the theme to a new name in case something has got corrupted on my install ...

Magento Community
Magento Community

Nils

Total Posts:  10

I have the same issue. Has anyone got a clue to what the problem might be?

Magento Community
Magento Community

joolsr

the only thing i can add, is that you need to ensure ALL your templates files are accessible to the apache user, or www-data on Debian/Ubuntu.

Incorrect permissions was my problem i believe.

If you just have one image which has wrong permissions, then your template wont load correctly ..

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community