Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

PHP4 Question

jmullins

Total Posts:  2

Have a quick question about the PHP4 alternative.

When I click the link in the KB to get the PHP5-CGI Binary, am I supposed to download a file? All I see is one huge page of garbled text.

Any help is very much appreciated!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

Looks like your browser doesn’t understand that it downloads a binary file.
You can right click on the link and choose “Download” option (which might be worded differently in different browsers).
After you download this file you will need to follow instructions on the knowledge base page on how to upload it to your cgi-bin folder

Magento Community
Magento Community

jmullins

Total Posts:  2

Ok...what file extension should it be saved as...it is defaulting as .txt. Is that correct?

Thanks for the quick reply!

Magento Community
Magento Community

jsperri

Total Posts:  126
Fistufle

Moshe - 31 August 2007 02:10 PM

Looks like your browser doesn’t understand that it downloads a binary file.
You can right click on the link and choose “Download” option (which might be worded differently in different browsers).
After you download this file you will need to follow instructions on the knowledge base page on how to upload it to your cgi-bin folder

The file should be saved as php5-cgi
There is no file extension. If you web-browser adds an extension, you should rename the file to “php5-cgi” after downloading it.

/JS

Magento Community
Magento Community

beazleybub

Total Posts:  28

An additional note:

If for some reason your browser refuses to save the file without an extension save it as a text file
then once you upload it via ftp rename it with your ftp program from “php5-cgi.txt” to “pgp5-cgi”.

Worked for me!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community