Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I change “Code” Under Store View? 

BryGuy

Total Posts:  29

Ok, we made a major error.  in the admin panel under Store View Information we changed “Code” from “default” to default1”.  Now, we are unable to access anything (no front or backend access)

How can we undo our change?

Thanks for any input.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

alkarim
Guru

Total Posts:  368

rewrite it with ‘default’

Magento Community
Magento Community

BryGuy

Total Posts:  29

Thanks for the quick reply but I am not sure I understand what to rewrite.  Is there a specific file I need to alter?  Note: I cannot access anything on the front or backend (all pages come up blank).

Magento Community
Magento Community

glaDiator

Total Posts:  65

i am not understanding.....can u be more specific where u have changed default to default1 in admin???

Magento Community
Magento Community

edwardtilbury

Total Posts:  66
Las Vegas, Nevada

I know what you mean… I had the same thing happen to me…

I had no idea wtf happened, so I had to delete everything and drop DB, then reinstall ... ugh..

I went to zencart for about 6 months after that, but now I’m back to see is 1.1.8 is better.  I have to say, Magento looks awesome, and the potential looks amazing, but I have yet to slap together a store with a couple thousand products as easily as zencart with the easy populate add-on..

http://www.magentocommerce.com/images/uploads/multistore_webinar-flv/multistore_webinar-flv.html
this might clear up some of the website / store stuff, but it doesn’t answer our “Code: Default” question.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community