Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Layout changes to Categories not inherited by children…??  (modern theme)

joseph

Total Posts:  11
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

I am attempting to change the category product pages to a 2 column left layout, instead of the default 3 column.  (I am using the modern theme)

Even though I am selecting “all”, or “This category and its child categories” in the Custom Design area, the changes made to the page layout are not showing in any of the child categories.  (I am selecting 2 columns, left bar).

Where is the setting stored?  Can i just run a sql command in MySQL if this won’t work properly?  I have 400 categories and can’t imagine having to do every single one by hand.  :(

Thanks in Advance,

Joseph

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

glaDiator

Total Posts:  65

have u cleared your cache after changing the configuration ???

Magento Community
Magento Community

joseph

Yes, I have cleared the cache.

Any changes I make manually to a specific category show up instantly, it’s just not passed on to the children categories.  Where are these values stored?  Can I just bypass the backend if it won’t work?  (I don’t want to update ALL the cateogories by hand)

Could this be related to the recent install of the Modern theme?

THanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

joseph

FYI, this was resolved when we added the new patch.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community