Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Trouble: Show Authorize.net Secure Logo

leetaylordoes

Total Posts:  227
San Diego, CA

Hi All,

We’re trying to add the Authorize.net secure logo via the HTML that they sent us within the Checkout process.

For some reason, I’m stumped in being able to get it to display correctly, by adding it into the following .phtml file: cc.phtml

I believe we’re not getting it to display correctly by referencing inside of this kind of file.
When the same script is added to the footer, it displays correctly.

Any ideas on this?

Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

leetaylordoes

San Diego, CA

Here’s what the link from them looks like:

<!-- (c) 2006. Authorize.Net is a registered trademark of Lightbridge, Inc. --> <div class="AuthorizeNetSeal"> <script type="text/javascript\" language="javascript\">var ANS_customer_id="YOUR_ID";</script> <script type="text/javascript\" language="javascript\" src="//VERIFY.AUTHORIZE.NET/anetseal/seal.js" ></script> <a href="http://www.authorize.net/" id="AuthorizeNetText" target="_blank">Payment Processing</a> </div>

Applying this code within the cc.phtml file won’t display the image or acknowledge the js “src”.

Interesting…

Magento Community
Magento Community

leetaylordoes

San Diego, CA

Anyone have experience as to what’s causing this not to show inside of the checkout process?

Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

What catches my eye is this string:

src="//VERIFY.AUTHORIZE.NET/anetseal/seal.js"

Shouldn’t it be

src="https://verify.authorize.net/anetseal/seal.js"

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Los Angeles

And also loose the backslashes before quotes

<!-- (c2006. Authorize.Net is a registered trademark of LightbridgeInc. --> 
<
div class="AuthorizeNetSeal"
  <
script type="text/javascript" language="javascript">var ANS_customer_id="YOUR_ID";</script> 

<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="https://verify.authorize.net/anetseal/seal.js" ></script> 

<a href="http://www.authorize.net/" id="AuthorizeNetText" target="_blank">Payment Processing</a
</
div>

Magento Community
Magento Community

leetaylordoes

San Diego, CA

Thanks for addressing this for us Moshe,

That’s the approach that I took, though if you look at the “seal.js” file (https://verify.authorize.net/anetseal/seal.js) you’ll notice that Authorize.net looks for a certain url string. If the value that gets passed in doesn’t match their condition, it won’t validate.

Not sure exactly how to get around this yet. I’ve tested your code, and received the same results. It will display in the footer, but not inside the checkout process. Hmm…

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
- Lee

Magento Community
Magento Community

leetaylordoes

San Diego, CA

Hi All,

I do realize the problem lies on our end (Magento) rather than with Authorize.net

Anyone see something we’re missing?

- Lee

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Los Angeles

@timothyleetaylor: send me link to the page with this code, that doesn’t work

Magento Community
Magento Community

leetaylordoes

San Diego, CA

Hey Moshe,

Thanks for looking into this. Small, but something necessary for us to figure out.

The page is located within the Checkout process, inside the Credit Card option under the Step 5: Payment Information.
(the logo should be visible to the right hand side, though the phrase “Payment Processing” shows up as you’ll see why in the code snippet above).

Here’s the link that will lead you to the checkout process: (http://awcoffees.com/stage/checkout/onepage/) - though, you’ll need to add a product in order to get there.

The file that contains the code: “app/design/frontend/default/awc/template/payment/form/cc.phtml”

Thanks again for your assistance on this,
- Lee

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Los Angeles

Please attach app/design/frontend/default/awc/template/payment/form/cc.phtml file or PM

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Los Angeles

Ah right, this block is being loaded using AJAX, and prototype’s AJAX strips all the scripts from html and runs them separately…

Try putting this code in checkout/onepage/payment.phtml or checkout/onepage/payment/methods.phtml

Magento Community
Magento Community

leetaylordoes

San Diego, CA

Nice work Moshe.

I definitely missed that.

Your knowledge of Magento has once again helped us out.

Many Thanks,
- Lee

Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Total Posts:  1144

I go this working in v1.1.1 by placing the code in the ‘methods.phtml’, but with v1.1.2, the Authorize image is gone, I can only see a text link. Likely the js script is conflicting with Prototype again.

Any idea how to fix this? There is no jQuery no conflict solution here : downer

Magento Community
Magento Community

oldsmoky

Total Posts:  23

Moshe helped us on this one as well - Thank you!  The only thing is that Authorize.net uses a white background for their log instead of transparent.  Can anyone tell me which file changes the background color of the one page checkout to white so that the log blends better?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Leorex2012

Total Posts:  8

Mostly just a note to myself, but after googling and getting nowhere, I was able to get it to show up (only once!) successfully by dropping it into the end of this file:

/app/design/frontend/default/<your_theme>/template/page/html/footer.phtml

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community