Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Multiple currency in Magento with different price for each currency for a given product. 

dharam1987

Total Posts:  2

Hi Guys,

I am developing a store in Magento and have come-up to a stage where I am stuck with Magento’s boundries. My requirement is to allow admin to add seperate price for a product for different currency.

Ex- If I am selling a Mac-Mini, I would like to have the option for admin to add different price for different currency. So, if we have 3 currency i.e USD, GBP, EUR I would like to be able to add 3 different price for them.

To my knowledge this is only possible in Magento if we go for different website level and duplicate the same product for each website and associate a seperate price for it, but this doesnt meet my requirement. My requirement is to have the website and stores configured in the following way.

I would like to have 1 single website let’s say [Website 1]

3 stores under the website lets say [Japan, China, Default]

each store will have store views depending upon the language ex-

Japan store will have a store view called Japanease
China store will have a store view called Chinise
Default store will have a store view called English.

For default store view, I would like to allow users to buy products in USD, GBP, EUR.

Can we achieve this requirement in Magento using any 3rd party modules or using the built-in functionality of Magento if possible.

Please advice.

Edited :- I don’t want to use currency conversion that is provided by Magento, instead I would like to maintain separate price for each currency for a product.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

serpyre
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  771

Bascially no, the checkout currency is bound to the website when website pricing is switched on, and it does not matter that you create three internal websites so that is not a problem. You do not duplicate the product, you assign the same product to the websites in product admin. Your client will have to update the currency for each product for each website, it is not automated.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dharam1987

Total Posts:  2

serpyre - 31 October 2013 07:04 AM

Bascially no, the checkout currency is bound to the website when website pricing is switched on, and it does not matter that you create three internal websites so that is not a problem. You do not duplicate the product, you assign the same product to the websites in product admin. Your client will have to update the currency for each product for each website, it is not automated.

Thank you for your suggestion, just to re-phrase it, I would like to mention that I am not planning to use the currency converter, instead I would like to have 3 different price for a product in 3 different currency. Also - multiple website for each currency would not be a possible option for me as my requirement is like to have 3 currency for a given language [English].

If you can please explain me how the process will help, it will be great favor. Thanks again.

Magento Community
Magento Community

serpyre
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  771

We understood from from the first post, we know exactly what you are trying to do however Magento website pricing was an afterthought to try and solve the issue of local checkout currency by moving the process from technology to business (manual) processes. To do it correctly you need 3 separate websites and structure your site differently. There are a couple of extensions however when you start playing with pricing, as it is embedded in every factet of Magento, you need to make sure you know exactly what you are doing, use as few extensions/custom code as possible, have clearly defined processes, and not change them. Most store owners will not follow this so basically it does not work.

There are many factors, including which payment processors you use, how to keep currency conversions up to date, etc. If you think, you hardcode a value for each of the three currencies and fx rates move against you 5%, that means you has reduced your profit margins 5% unless you keep all the websites and product combinations up to date with prices, which Magento does not make easy.

It is possible, you have 3 websites with base currency and the stores under the website, one for each of English. You will lose the cart on changing websites, however even Net-A-Porter (a $300 million company) loses the cart on website change, so it is not a problem. We use a very very high-end solution with Magento to solve all this, try the extensions but you must heed the problems above.

Magento Community
Magento Community

innoexts

Total Posts:  124

Hello,

We have two extensions that can help you to set different prices for different currencies independently of currency rates: Currency Pricing and Advanced Pricing.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jase007
Guru

Total Posts:  388

Hi,

Check this thread also http://inchoo.net/ecommerce/magento/how-to-add-currency-selector-to-magentos-header/

Hope this will help you!!

Thanks

Monty
iLoveMage

Magento Community
Magento Community

kevinblack

Total Posts:  21

Hi,

I have a solution for this issue.

Example you have one store view A, 2 currency USD and EUR.

With Product P you want when choice current USD price = 100, when choice EUR price = 50.

1 > Fix rate convert from USD to EUR = 1 ( 1USD = 1EUR).And don’t run cronjob update currency convert.

2 > Create P1 for USD input price = 100, P2 for EUR input price = 50.(We will have two products in here)

3 > In the frontend you only need check when customer choice USD when buy Product P, system will add P1 to shopping cart, when choice EUR and add P, system will add P2 to shopping cart.

I think this is functional under system running, customer don’t know every thing we do, them still buy product them want with price we can manual input each currency :D

Magento Community
Magento Community

FMEExtensions
Mentor

Total Posts:  1298

See if the following GEO-IP DEFAULT LANGUAGE CURRENCY extension can work for you. It allows you to automatically assign differentent language and currency to users.

http://www.fmeextensions.com/magento-geo-ip-default-language-currency.html

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community