Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento adds “list-dot” when displaying product categories on frontpage

marcodt

Total Posts:  22

Hello everyone,

i seem to have a weird problem with my Magento (CE 1.7), when i try to display a certain product-category as a list on my frontpage.

When i use
{{block type="catalog/product_list" category_id="4" template="catalog/product/list.phtml"}}
the products of category 4 show up fine on the page. BUT, every picture now starts with a little, black “listing-dot”, which causes the pictures to move a bit to right. This results in, that only 2 products can be shown in one row, and the third is moved to the next row - but wih the terrible effect, that it also moves/removes some of the buy buttons.

I use a 3-column homepage, and i don’t have any trouble with the product listings on the category pages itself. There the 3 producs per row show up perfectly.
Only on the frontpage the error seems to display.

I also tried with
{{block type="cms/block" block_id="specialoffer"}}
{{block type="cms/block" block_id="newproducts"}}
for new products and special offers, but again that dot appears and kills the listing.

I have no idea why this is happening. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Pulkit Seth

Total Posts:  107

Hi,

You can hide these dots by simply using the css property :

li {list-style:none outside none;}

Let me know if it works.

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

marcodt

Total Posts:  22

Hello Pulkit

Thanks for your answer. smile
I am not realle sure, where to put that in the homepage? Doesn’t change anything if i add it to layout section.
We updated to CE 1.8 meanwhile, but still these dots are showin on the frontpage (and only there).

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community