Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Magento Hosting with Support

Captain Tim

Total Posts:  1

Hello folks,
I’m currently investigating alternatives to the ecommerce solution that my Wife currently has for her shop, which for various reasons we want to move on from. I like the look of Magento but I’m concerned that once the site had been set up that I would not be able to provide adequate support for her should something go wrong as I already have a job and would not necessarily have the time to fix it. Therefore I’m interested to find out if there are any Magento hosting services out there that could also provide fairly in-depth technical support. For instance, if something was to go wrong with the cart and it started adding gift wrap options to all orders, then she would be able to call someone who would look in to it and fix the problem for her.

Does anyone know of any hosting like that, or perhaps any companies that offer that kind of support for Magento installations? I’ve had a look at the partner companies listed from this site, but I’d be interested in hearing of other options, and also of any experiences anybody has who has had similar requirements.

Thanks,

Tim

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_

Total Posts:  1961
London-ish, UK

No UK hosts like that that I know of. They just host and don’t get involved much with what is hosted on the application level.

You can host in the US with people like Crucial, who have more knowledge of the inner working of Magento. But better probably would be to buy a support package with Varien.

Magento Community
Magento Community

JLHC
Mentor

Total Posts:  1287
Tampa, FL

Well some hosting providers will only be able to provide basic support for Magento at most, while many will consider it as a third-party application and will not provide support for it at all.

As J.T. have said, it may be a good idea to purchase a support package directly from Magento’s developer, Varien if you can afford it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

terraGirl

Total Posts:  49
Norwich, UK

We offer both Magento development / design and UK hosting for Magento - http://design.terranetwork.net if you’re looking to have everything under one roof.

Alternatively, you can look to hire a developer to look after your shop & choose any suitable hosting. Many shops we host have this arrangement. Keeps it flexible and if you use the same developer for all projects, they’ll know your site & be able to help quickly.  Sites such as odesk.com or guru.com can be great to find freelancers at reasonable rates.

Magento Community
Magento Community

JLHC
Mentor

Total Posts:  1287
Tampa, FL

terraGirl - 08 December 2009 01:38 PM

We offer both Magento development / design and UK hosting for Magento - http://design.terranetwork.net if you’re looking to have everything under one roof.

Alternatively, you can look to hire a developer to look after your shop & choose any suitable hosting. Many shops we host have this arrangement. Keeps it flexible and if you use the same developer for all projects, they’ll know your site & be able to help quickly.  Sites such as odesk.com or guru.com can be great to find freelancers at reasonable rates.

Actually self-promotion and self-advertising are not allowed as per the Forum Rules.

Magento Community
Magento Community

WebhostUK LTD

Total Posts:  163
UK

Most of the host will help you with installation and stuff with internal coding issue its always a risk and I will personally advice you to go with magento support team itself for code change support.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sonassi

Total Posts:  217
Manchester, UK

Hello wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

sruchika06

Total Posts:  2

Hello terraGirl

Very good views about freelance .When we talk about freelance then guru.com and elance.com like sites come out. Similarly http://worknhire.com/ is also good site for freelance. I have experience in this site. There are so many freelance profiles are made with their developed project of web design,graphic design, mangento and many other technologies. This is good site to get job and freelance portal. You can make your profile in this site and get good work.

Magento Community
Magento Community

magesolutions

Total Posts:  91

Thanks you guys for suggestions, I think it will belong to your plan very much before you choose a good hosting. To suggest the right choice, you need to decide how traffic your shop will be used first. Base on my experience normal shop in the first time set up will not need too much resource, it only need enough to run magento but need a server configure only use for Magento.

You can take a look my article to choose a good host for your magento in Magento Host Reviews

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dx3webs

Total Posts:  178

Cough ** cough ***

Magento Community
Magento Community

linhmage

Total Posts:  60

magesolutions - 04 February 2013 05:06 PM

Thanks you guys for suggestions, I think it will belong to your plan very much before you choose a good hosting. To suggest the right choice, you need to decide how traffic your shop will be used first. Base on my experience normal shop in the first time set up will not need too much resource, it only need enough to run magento but need a server configure only use for Magento.

You can take a look my article to choose a good host for your magento in Magento Host Reviews

Yes, it ‘s good reviews in http://magentohostsolution.com/ but not sure why you don’t put there some sample sites?

Magento Community
Magento Community

JuliaEvans

Total Posts:  4

Why don’t you migrate to Magento Go and have everuthing included - hosting, technical support, and even more feaures than in Magento CE? I think that is a good option in your case. No time wasting for the proper hosting environment, and no reason to pay some third party if you can use professional Magento support.

Magento Community
Magento Community

magento2x

Total Posts:  57

jaredovi - 12 March 2013 03:45 PM

Yea, you reviews is very good magesolutions but I am looking forward from you a list of your sample sites. Thanks.

You mean sample sites to see the functionality or see the speed?

Magento Community
Magento Community

linhmage

Total Posts:  60

How many magento sites you installed on it jaredovi?

Magento Community
Magento Community

shunlee

Total Posts:  34

magesolutions - 04 February 2013 05:06 PM

Thanks for your team reviews, I think you have to have a lot of magento sites. Could you send me some? I need to develop a shop for my company but have no idea where to start.

Magento Community
Magento Community

magesolutions

Total Posts:  91

if you run >= 2 magento sites in the same hosting then you should choose magento hosting plus package to get double CPU execution.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2