Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Floating in Static Blocks

Wombat

Total Posts:  3
Somerset, UK

I’m a newbie on Magento and have manage to do most things, however, I’m stuck on one thing and wonder if anyone can help please?

I’m trying to write some static pages and want to add a few images.  Trouble is, when I try to float them right or left, it doesn’t seem to work.  I’ve added:

.floatright {
float: right;
margin: 0 0 0 10px;
}

.floatleft {
float: left;
margin: 0 10px 0 0;

}

to the custom CSS file and then class=’floatright’ in the image element, but it just ain’t happening.  I may be doing something totally blonde, but I’ve never had trouble getting floats to work before.  Any suggestions...?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

bmartus

Total Posts:  128
Greenville, TX

Make sure custom.css is being included—check your HTML source, and if it’s not there add it to page.xml file

The default full path to page.xml is
app/design/frontend/default/default/layout/page.xml

Magento Community
Magento Community

Wombat

Total Posts:  3
Somerset, UK

Thank you, I’ll have a look at that

Magento Community
Magento Community

Lol

Total Posts:  68
Plymouth, UK

float left and right classes are already specified in the boxes (I think) css so just use those.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community