Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Working with Catalog Price Rules for visitors who are NOT LOGGED IN…

BuyManufacturers

Total Posts:  28

Hi there,

I am trying to use the Catalog Price Rules to apply discounts for visitors who are not customers and who are not logged in.  Whenever I create the rule I select, the “NOT LOGGED IN” as the Customer Group.  I then set the other properties and click on “Save & Apply”.  It does not reflect the rule that I created on the Front end.  When I edit this rule none of the options under the Customer Group area are selected.

My question is, is my magento installation wacky, or are you not able to make Catalog Price Rules that will be applied to visitors who are not logged in?

Thanks,
james

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

brendanb
Mentor

Total Posts:  1093
London, United Kingdom

hi,

yes ive just noticed the same issue. If i set all the parameters say for exmaple a Price rule for “NOT LOGGED IN” customer, the rule does not save correctly.

what i did to work around the issue was go into the following tables.

catalogrule_product
catalogrule_product_price

there is a field called customer_group_id

set this to 0 as this is the NOT LOGGED IN customer group

the rule will now work.

there seems to be an issue with these tables. As the header table have a field defined as a text field, whereas the detail tables are set to int field

hth
brendan

Magento Community
Magento Community

MagentoBackups

Total Posts:  16
Los Angeles

Same here w/ ver 1.3.2.4.
When creating a new catalog price rule, it appears to neglect the NOT LOGGED IN customer group (id=0).
Even when i manually set customer_group_id = 0 in SQL tables (catalogrule_product and catalogrule_product_price), it has no affect on frontend price calcs.
My solution (perhaps temporary) was to create a new customer group ("Guest", name not important).
The “Guest” customer group had an id of 4.

I then created a local extension of Mage_Customer_Model_Group w/ contents of which as follows:

class [LocalNamespace]_Customer_Model_Group extends Mage_Customer_Model_Group
{
const NOT_LOGGED_IN_ID = 4; //default = 0
}

Not clear what impacts, if any, this will have on other areas, so proceed w/ caution. Nevertheless, seems to have fix magento catalog price rule.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community