Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Extension needed: “Wildcard coupon codes” for hundreds of customers

bastiontour

Total Posts:  11

Hey there,

when opening my new magento store I would like to offer my customers a “welcome discount” as a present. From offline-business I collected a big customer base. Each customer has an unique customer number so far, for example “123”. The coupon code for each customer should be customer number + “welcome-present”, for example “123welcome-present”. Because I do not want to enter each single coupon code by hand, I would like to have a kind of wildcard-coupon-code-extension which checks for the pattern 3 digits + the string “welcome-present”. Could this be done with regular expressions or something?

As an alternative, an extension which comfortably allows to create hundreds of coupon codes with only one click would be fine, too.

Thanks for answers

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Discovery
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  767

You can import your existing customer database and put them in a customer group other than the default.

Now you can send people their user/pass details and a coupon code.

The coupon code can be set up as one use per customer.

The coupon can also be restricted to the customer group setup for existing customers.

You will also need to explain to customers that they enter the code at the basket, not the checkout.

This way should keep it simple and not leave you open to abuse/financial loss.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community