Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Custom EAV

tman_f

Total Posts:  85

Hi guys,

I am about to take on a rather large project with which I will need to create multiple custom modules. I have created many custom modules already, but this one will be slightly different. I would like to add a new EAV object, very similar to the Products object model. I would like to use many of the core EAV models to save on development time. I have actually studied this out for a week and am fairly familiar with the classes I will need. I have created the following tables in the database:

recipe_entity
recipe_entity_int
recipe_entity_text
recipe_entity_varchar

which mimic the catalog_product_entity tables.

The question I have is, does anybody know if this type of additional EAV module possible extending Magentos prewritten classes, and if so, what approach would you take?

thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community