Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Question after image upload was completed

Xtream

Total Posts:  4

Hello!

I have read all posts about image upload problems but I have some questions.
In my old shop all pictures was stored in directories (for example: foto / tv / lcd / [productmodel].jpg, or foto / mobile / nokia / [productmodel].jpg )

After all tips how to import images to magento I have done next steps:
1) in magento’s directory media / import I put all my images from old shop with the old structure and names (as shown in example)
2) in xml import file i type the address for base image / foto / tv / lcd / [productmodel].jpg
3) base image I can see in store, but....

When the import was done I receive next:
All my images was imported In magento’s directory media / catalog / products / f / i / with names file1, file2, file3 ......
What was wrong and how to correct this? Is it possible to store images as it was in old shop, in directories with normal names?
How to import more then one picture per product?
And also now it impossible to delete old image when editing product (ie7 show error “console” is undefined) and to see a preview of image. In Opera in frontend base image is visible, but in backend product edit section image is not available.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

_Lobo_

Total Posts:  35

weird…

what I did was put all the images in: media / catalog / products / f / i / with names file1, file2, file3 ......  and upload the XML with / f / i / with names file1, file2, file3 and I cant see anything ...

Magento Community
Magento Community

Xtream

Total Posts:  4

1) all images you need to put in directory media / import (example: media / import / tv / sony_12345.jpg)
2) in import XML or CSV file you need to put the full direction to product image (example: / tv / sony_12345.jpg , don’t forget about first / )
3) After import complete your images will be in media / catalog / product / f / i / (with strange names like file1, file2..... i don’t know why)

In my situation in my import XML file I put for all images (base, small and thumbnail) the same direction / tv / sony_12345.jpg and magento create only one original image for product, but all anothers (small and thumb) was created automaticaly

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community