Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Support for web services

brandondrew

Total Posts:  64

Since searches for “wsdl” and “web services” don’t turn up any results, I’m inferring (I hope wrongly!) that Magento doesn’t yet support web services.  I’d love (and I think others would too!) an easy way to send data from Magento to other systems in my organization, and vice versa.  Anything you could do to make this easy and consistent (so we’re not all coding this ourselves, with varying degrees of success, and creating upgrade problems) would be fabulous!

Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

You are inferring correctly. An API is in Magento’s future.

Magento Community
Magento Community

brandondrew

Thanks for the fast reply.  (You’re up *really* early if you’re in California!)

Can you give me a rough estimate of what “future” means?  It sounds ominously like it’s not the near future, which is likely a big problem for me… I just had the need to integrate with our (brand-new) accounting/etc. package dropped on my lap as an urgent matter requiring attention.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ad2joe

Total Posts:  60

Hello,

You can use as an example, the way Currencies Manager was created to use http://www.webservicex.net wsdl to update the rates in Magento Admin.

Thanks, Joe.

Magento Community
Magento Community

YoavKutner
Guru

Total Posts:  491

Our biggest task now is finalizing the API. This should be made public any time from now to the end of the year. As soon as we have a release date we will make an announcement.

Thanks

yoav

Magento Community
Magento Community

ad2joe

Total Posts:  60

Hello,

We could live with partial API too smile

Thanks, Joe.

Magento Community
Magento Community

brandondrew

So there’s one great big API for everything, including web services?  Basically for everything you might want to do to extend Magento without actually *changing* any existing code?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community