Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Importing updated product data

j.morell

Total Posts:  23

Hi,

I’m currently importing a whole load of product day, and while any new products I import appear to work fine, I am unable to import new data over the top of old products - say for example an updated product description - and I get our old friend ["Skip import row, required field \"store\" not defined"]} appearing in the import files.

I can’t find a good reason for this anywhere, and I’m stumped as to why it occurs. does anyone have any ideas why this happens and why I can’t simply update and overwrite products from an import. My only other option is to delete all my products and start again, but I can’t even fins a quick and easy way of doing that!

Any ideas?!

Jim

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

j.morell

Total Posts:  23

Actually further to this, I decided to just edit the product through the web interface and despite refreshing the cache on my pc, in magento and refreshing the new data I’ve entered simply is not showing up on the front end - it’s driving me mad! I can’t think of a reason why this data is not appearing as it should, and I can’t see what else I can do!

Ahhhargh!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community