Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Is there a way to test new skins / templates / themes on a live store? 

Rydgren

Total Posts:  1

I have this client with a live store to whom I want to show suggested design changes to, but I feel it’s not enough to send modified screen dumps in an email to the client.
Is there a way to make new skins or templates or even a whole package, in Magento and let the client test it on their live store without interfering with “normal” customers? So if I make a new skin and place it in “/skin/frontend/default/new_skin”, the client will get “/skin/frontend/default/new_skin” when browsing their store while everyone else will see “/skin/frontend/default/default”.

This would save me a lot of time!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mmagento

Total Posts:  32

Hello

I’m also interested in this. Maybe there is an option to set the theme which will be loaded by a parameter in the url ?

Thx
Martin

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community