Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can’t add products! 

thomasdehli

Total Posts:  6

I am working with three site, all just updated to CE v1.8.
A local test site, a staging site, and the production site.

The three sites at this point are essentially identical (other than orders), but I am getting the following error ONLY on the production site.

I get this error when I hit ‘Continue’ on creating a new simple product with the default attribute set.

Fatal error: Call to a member function setAttribute() on a non-object in
/app/code/core/Mage/Eav/Model/Entity/Attribute/Abstract.php on line 366

Again, this works on two out of three of the identical sites, but fails with the above error on the production site.

I have disabled the compiler, cleared all the Magento caches, and cleared the APC opcache… still no love.

I have searched for this error, but the only references seem to be older versions of Magento and modifying sections of code that do not exist anymore.

Is this more likely a code problem or database problem?
Could this be a permission problem?

Please help, I’m at a total loss.

T

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

GoMageTeam
Guru

Total Posts:  356
Warsaw, Poland

Hello,

Most likely, the issue is connected with the code, then with the database, but it is difficult to say without the access.

Here is the almost the same problem: http://magento-forum.ru/topic/350/#entry1082

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community