Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

New Theme Not Displaying? 

redrokit

Total Posts:  9

I can’t get my new theme to view. I know it’s not viewing because I changed the “Welcome Message” on the home page and it keeps using the default version.

Is there some other area I need to swith over the site view? Other than the system/configuration/design panel?

ps. I read the design info on the site and followed it distinctly, but can’t get the theme to be the default.
ps. I also chose the default to be disabled and my new them to be enabled in the manage stores area…

This ones got me confused. I hope someone can help

thanks,
michele

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

pankajk

Total Posts:  38
Mumbai -101, Maharastra, India

I having same trouble my new theme is just not showing as I have same files and folders as default theme and i have configured it in system>configuration>design and change default to my theme name as “copper"(new theme) but it is just not working and showing only default directories path on front page as i have enabled Template Path Hints.and i have also disabled my cache setting.

pls help if anybody know about this problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community

redrokit

Total Posts:  9

Hi....

yeah, it’s weird. They way it looks to me is, you switch the theme over in the manage stores area. Where it sais “Enabled” and “Disabled”.
but that doesn’t work either.

I went over the design area 5 times to double check and it all makes sense. Sooo… more countless hours searching hoping.. for the answer.

grin

Magento Community
Magento Community

celebro

Total Posts:  4

I have modified the view of toolbar.pthml tha tis being used in catalog.phtml.

After creating below the folder of design/frontend/default anew theme folder my_theme. and copied the origianl file of toolbar.pthml with the same path to the toolbar.phtml.
and modified this file. after this I have entered in admin panel system->configuration->design and entered in the theme field my_theme. and saved this configuration.

Went back to th client site and reload the page but the page is still losding the defaul/default and not the theme that has been entered at the my_theme.

I have nearly followed the way it has been proposed by this webinar. <<http://www.magentocommerce.com/media/screencasts/designers-guide-1/view>>

Problem:
The modified default theme, now my_theme is not displayed yet. Even not after chanigng it in the admin panel.

Any hint and any information that leads to resolve this problem is highly welcome.

regards,

Magento Community
Magento Community

Raptor Commerce (toby)

Total Posts:  180

So you based your new theme off the default theme right? i.e. you copied app/design/frontend/default/default to app/design/frontend/default/mytheme and skin/frontend/default/default to skin/frontend/default/mytheme ?

Next make sure that you set the theme correctly in admin section, and make sure that it’s not being overridden lower down the hierarchy i.e. make sure that all websites are set to use the default and all stores are set to use the website settings

Hopefully these screenshots will help

Toby

Image Attachments
Untitled-1.jpgUntitled-2.jpgUntitled-3.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community