Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 3
Yourpay / Linkpoint Extension

MageGuys
Guru

Total Posts:  380

Hey Ryan,

I’m PHP savvy, and have a cart that I’m looking at converting to Magento, AND it uses Linkpoint. Your code would save me countless hours trying to port and debug the osCommerce Linkpoint module. No matter how bad your code is, it is more, and better, than what anyone else on this thread has. It looks like you are having some trouble getting this into the Magento Connect system. Perhaps you could just zip up the source files and attach them to this thread for now? All the folks in this thread can start from those and we could get this “Connect ready” pretty quickly. You don’t have to do this all alone. Share the code and let the rest of us help you tie it down.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

czyc

Total Posts:  5

I wrote this last month, I was going to post it earlier but didn’t want to step on the op toes then forgot.  Just unzip it to the root of you magento install, it overwrites one magento file. Then refresh your cache and check for setup in the configuration page.  Also, if you have 19870, you’ll need this patch.

File Attachments
linkpoint.zip  (File Size: 13KB - Downloads: 381)

Magento Community
Magento Community

mzeblu

Total Posts:  11

Hi,

I’m running version 1.0.19870.1 and need to add Linkpoint.  I unzipped your attachment into my root folder, replaced the one file as needed, refreshed my cache but do not see it as an option in config.

I see that you mention a patch but when I open this file, Mage_All.xml and go to line 235, it does not look like your patch should go there.

Is there another Mage_All.xml file that I am missing?  I am finding it in app\etc\modules and the code at line 235 looks like this:

<Mage_Wishlist>
            <
active>true</active>
            <
codePool>core</codePool>
            <
depends>
                <
Mage_Customer />
                <
Mage_Catalog />
            </
depends>
        </
Mage_Wishlist>

I see that Linkpoint seems to be in high demand here, is there a mod (If I cant get this one to work) from Magento for Linkpoint?

Thanks for any help.

Magento Community
Magento Community

czyc

config.php not Mage_all.xml

Magento Community
Magento Community

mzeblu

Thanks, I overlooked where you said that but now see it.  Thanks,
One more stupid question,

Which config file?  Is it the one found in magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\config.php ?

It appeared to be the correct one, I edited it, refreshed my cache from the cache management menu…
and linkpoint still does not show up as an option.  urggg..

Magento Community
Magento Community

czyc

Is disable_local_modules set to false in local.xml?

Magento Community
Magento Community

mzeblu

Yep, in app\etc\local.xml.template I have <disable_local_modules>false</disable_local_modules>

You are too kind to help, thank you for trying to help me make this work.

Magento Community
Magento Community

czyc

Not in local.xml.template but local.xml.  Other then that, I don’t know what could be wrong.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mzeblu

czyc - 13 June 2008 01:57 PM

Not in local.xml.template but local.xml.  Other then that, I don’t know what could be wrong.

What directory is that in?

Magento Community
Magento Community

w1redone

Total Posts:  2

local.xml is generated on the server after installation. you will have to download it from the server /app/etc/local.xml

Magento Community
Magento Community

w1redone

Total Posts:  2

I believe that I set everything up properly, but I’m not seeing it show up in the config either…

Magento Community
Magento Community

ted

Total Posts:  1

I found this thread and though how great it is that magento is getting linkpoint / yourpay.  so i grabbed the zip and installed it and the patch, but just as others have, i cant seem to find the config in the admin section.  any ideas?

Magento Community
Magento Community

mzeblu

I’m almost 1 month into trying to figure this out and simply cannot.

I dont even have a disable_local_modules setting in app/etc/config.xml

I cannot get this working and I am so frustrated!  I wish this was supported a little more.
I am extremely grateful for community efforts but this is looking like a huge draw back for me moving to magento.

Magento Community
Magento Community

extremec

Total Posts:  9

@ mzeblu - I agree, Linkpoint is one the largest merchant account companies out there, and this really should be part of the core..

Magento Community
Magento Community

mzeblu

I am not a code expert, but I have fumbled my way around zencart for a couple years.

I have never had a thread like this (which seems to be a simple code issue) go on for for what seems like FOREVER with no progress whatsoever!

I want to use magento more than anything… but this is nuts! I cannot open my store because of a small little tiny code issue and cannot get any help on it.

?????  What kind of support system is happening here ?????

I administrate a message board and have 9K members, (260 usually signed in at any given time so dont flame me about free support by the community.. I know all about it and live it daily…

But this is not really “support” this is.....  nothing..... 

Why doesnt a magento admin or moderator or staff person pop in here and help us out a little bit.  Why dont they show up and take an issue like this to a coder and get us using their product?

At this point I feel like this has been a huge waste of my time!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 3