Magento Forum

Page 1 of 3
Yourpay / Linkpoint Extension

Back40Design

Total Posts:  21

Hello All,

Sorry I can’t boast that the extension was JUST released or anything, but I can promise it’s release within the next two days. This highly requested payment gateway will use PHP’s curl extension OR a curl binary (variable) to connect to Yourpay / Linkpoint and post payment data. This will allow for seamless integration to Yourpay / Linkpoint, with immediate payment processing.

After I get all of the code cleaned up and kinks worked out, it will be made available. Expect it by midnight Thursday (4/24), and feel free to reply with any things you might hope to see included in the first release.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Russell

Total Posts:  2
Aurora, CO

Hi Ryan,

Any news on the anticipated LinkPoint/Yourpay API extensions for Magento?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Back40Design

Russell,

Considering you are the first person to reply to this (2 weeks later), I really felt that there wasn’t anyone interested nor was there a demand. I’d like to release the extension using the extension manager, but considering how complicated that was appearing I quit. The more response, the speedier my release of this extension.

I’d be more than happy to put some effort into this for you (and hopefully others). I’ll take the time and have it released by the end of this week. Sorry for this appearing to be a broken promise before, again I just felt the demand wasn’t there.

Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions or suggestions.

Ryan - Back40 Design

Magento Community
Magento Community

extremec

Total Posts:  9

We are also interested in the Linkpoint extension..

Magento Community
Magento Community

Russell

Total Posts:  2
Aurora, CO

Ryan,

Thanks for responding.  You are certainly not under any obligation to test and submit this extension, but the main thing holding me back from implementing Magento at this point is the lack of Linkpoint API payment support, with the expected new version supporting customizable products (bundling functionality) being also a requirement.

Not being any sort of PHP guru myself, developing the payment extension on my own goes way beyond my current knowledge.

Magento Community
Magento Community

karynn

Total Posts:  70

Ack! There is certainly interest in this, please count me in.

Just do a search on Linkpoint and you will see a lot of people are waiting for this. Also, I’m sure you’re not the only one struggling with the extension manager and there may be posts about that as well—if not, start one!

But please know that there are indeed many people waiting for this grin

Magento Community
Magento Community

Back40Design

The replies above have definitely proven the interest in this module. I’ll work on it tonight and see if I can’t ready it for spending another night on just preparing it for the extension manager.

If you all would, please send me a private message on how you envision it working; start to finish. The module just plain works right now, but it works from a programmer’s perspective. I have hard-coded values, no real installation process other than drag and drop and no configuration options within the magento administration. These all will surely be fixed before the release, but I’d like to see how people think it should work before I go about it.

Ryan

Magento Community
Magento Community

cshontz

Total Posts:  91

I just Googled “Magento” and “YourPay”, and found this thread. I think we might like to use the YourPay API for our new Magento store, but there isn’t an extension.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Back40Design

cshontz - 09 May 2008 09:59 AM

I just Googled “Magento” and “YourPay”, and found this thread. I think we might like to use the YourPay API for our new Magento store, but there isn’t an extension.

Very neat, even Google spiders this so I guess I better live up to my word. I need help from anyone who has or is willing to get Google Talk and might be able to work during a Central Standard Time schedule - although I often work late at night (as the timing of this post suggests).

I have an archive of all of the files necessary to integrate, but have not yet started the Magento Connect side of things until this is tested. Please Private Message me your google talk account and I will request to be your friend, deliver you the archive, provide a walk-through of the installation and troubleshoot any problems that occur in real time. Please, backup EVERYTHING before committing yourself to the testing of this extension. I do not want to be responsible for breaking a live cart.

Thanks in advance for all of those who contribute to this extension, through testing or any other way.

Ryan

Magento Community
Magento Community

sccr410

Total Posts:  76

Yes, there is definitely interest in this project. I will help out in any way. I have a client site that is almost done except for a LinkPoint payment module.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Back40Design

I received only one response and because of that, have not been able to test the module/extension.

I NEED testers! Please Private Message me any contact information so that I can get this module tested and out to those who need it.

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

MunchyMonster

Total Posts:  71
New Hampshire, USA

Ryan,
Might I suggest that you post your extension as Alpha or Beta stability and then see if you can get a group of people to download and try it on thier test servers.  I’m sure no one would put alpha or beta software <smirk> into thier live cart, but if they did and something horrible happened they really only have themselves to blame.  You may also consider starting a group to gather potential supporters of your project together, giving you a pool of possible testers.

I’m nowhere near a release (alpha, beta, or otherwise) but I think a Magento Group and a definite alpha/beta/gold release cycle is what I’m going to do.

I love to see the community making stuff.  Even if no one uses your module I can bet people will download it just to figure out what you did.  We need more modules posted to provide starting points for others to figure things out from.

Just my, unsolicited, 2 cents,
MunchyMonster

Magento Community
Magento Community

cshontz

Total Posts:  91

Ryan,
I’d love to help, but we’re not currently YourPay / Linkpoint users - although we’d prefer to use YourPay, as it is the gateway offered by our financial institution. I’m not sure if we can do any testing without subscribing to the service. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Also, I’m assuming you’ve seen the wiki entry pertaining to the creation of payment method modules? In the unlikely event that you haven’t already seen it, it looks like it might be useful.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/how-to/create-payment-method-module

Thanks again! smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

sbsecord

Total Posts:  1

Just got involved with Magneto yesterday, and NEED to get it to work with Linkpoint. Have several sites going upo that will use this, would love to test.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Back40Design

Need tech savvy person with light PHP knowledge to finish up publishing of this script.

All of the programming is done, but my time is limited when it comes to packaging through Magento Connect. Must have a cart to test on.

By the end of the weekend I will publish a zip/rar file of all of the files necessary for this extension. Users will be able to drag/drop them in and change just a couple of things to get it working for their site. This is a very un-user friendly approach, but should get some of you going enough to tell the others how to work it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

yagermadden

Total Posts:  1

I’m another one who found this thread googling ‘magento linkpoint’ - and I’m keenly interested in using Magento with Linkpoint as soon as that becomes possible. I’m afraid my PHP experience is rather limited, but I’d be happy to help out to the degree that I might be able to, and I am certainly willing to be involved w/ testing.

Please keep me (and the rest of people I’m pretty sure are interested) posted. Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 3