Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Change primary page (theme) background color or image

nerfnutz

Total Posts:  4

Greetings,

Simple question considering the gurus here, I just want to change the theme page background from the image body_bg.gif
to an image of my choosing or color of my choosing.

It is easy enough to substitute the image with one of my own, but what if I just want a solid color ?

I have looked through the css files etc. but not finding it yet…

Anyone?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

chiaraweb
Guru

Total Posts:  721
Aviano ~ Italy

find the line that contain the image you want change
like this

{background:  url(../images/nav_divider.gifrepeat-x 0 100%;}

and replace with

{background:#XXXXXX;}

you will obtain only a solid color background

Magento Community
Magento Community

chiaraweb
Guru

Total Posts:  721
Aviano ~ Italy

I missing to tell you that your css files are
boxes.css
menu.css

under skin/frontend/default/default/css/

Magento Community
Magento Community

Vinos y Cosas

Total Posts:  36
Madrid (Spain)

Good morning:
Sorry to ask again about this subject, the truth is that I don’t know where to go or where to ask to receive aid. I am working with Magento in my PC, before raising it the server, almost everything works well, one of the problems that I encounter is with the images of products, I create a product and I assign to an image following the normal steps (browse and upload), frame to him the corresponding squares and keep the data. I go to frontend, I go to the corresponding category and I see the product but not the image. The image is in C:\Archivos de programa\EasyPHP 2.0b1/rincon-gourmet/media/catalog/product. You could please help me with this and say to me what I am making bad?
I hope somebdy will help me.
Thank’s a lot.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ImSoExcited

Total Posts:  16

OMG!! Hahah, I’m such an idiot.  I changed that when I was looking at all the thing I could change and I forgot to upload that file to my web host so whenever I was going through the problem I kept looking at the file on my computer and thinking “Dang it!  I already changed that and it didn’t work” Thanks Ohminu, for the extra bit of insight on where the problem was though.  I probably never would have found it if you hadn’t mentioned that.

So just a note to everybody that if you’re changing multiple files, make SURE that all of them get uploaded to your host as it can save you hours of aggravation.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Basil Abbas

Total Posts:  5
Bangalore, India

Hi,
If you are looking to change the background of the modern theme then it is located in the file reset.css
the default theme is the grey diagonal lined gif image.

if u wish to put on a background other than a solid color then simply create a nice small gif image and repeat it horizontally and vertically using the css properties.

cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

peters08

Total Posts:  9

Hi,

I need some help please. I’m trying to insert a background image as swf into magetno. I’ve just found out that scc do not support swf files, so I have used a html file with swf, and tried linking css to that html file. I’m trying to get the background image to be scalable in the browser window, similar to http://www.paintballperfection.com

But css is not linking to html:
*HTML FILE*

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en">
<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1” />
<title> </title>
<style type="text/css">
<!--body {
margin-left: 0px;
margin-top: 0px;
margin-right: 0px;
margin-bottom: 0px;
background-color: #000000;
}

-->
</style>

<script language="javascript\">

</script>
<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,0,0" width="1000" height="650" id="carbon.swf" align="middle">
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
<param name="movie" value="carbon.swf" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed src="carbon.swf" quality="high" bgcolor="#000000" width="100%" height="100%" name="bkg_carbon_02" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />
</object>
</body>
</html>
</body>
</html>

What is the best way of doing this please? I’m really stuck and need help urgently.

Many thanks,
Pete

Image Attachments
Picture 1-1.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rex Kramer

Total Posts:  2

Hello,
the topic is close to my question, so i am posting my thought here…

Is it possible to change the background dynamicly, when i switch to another product category?

Two possible scenarios:
- change the site main background
- only change a region of the site, i.e. header, a banner, or category list background

(I come from the CMS-world, and wonder if magento has such a dynamic CSS or flexible module style assignment)

TIA!

Magento Community
Magento Community

wildturkey

Total Posts:  37

BASALABAS :

Any chance you could clarify further the instructions on replacing the gray patterned image with a custom background image.

I cannot locate such a file in reset.css

I need to change the gray stripey pattern to a wallpaper that has sponsor logos etc…

Cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ubunter

Total Posts:  104
Madrid

ohminu - 17 May 2008 08:22 PM

@ImSoExcited-
The remaining dark blue shade comes from the CSS used on our <body>
Look in reset.css and change the background of ‘body’ to ‘background:#bbd8fb’

Apparently in 1.4.1.0 the CSS file is styles.css NOT reset… or I don’t know, for me it’s and worked…
chears rasberry

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community