Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Upload option during product selection

funkytone

Total Posts:  4

Could anyone give my some advice as to how I would put an “upload” button on the product detail page (or seperate page afterwards) once someone choose a qty and wants to add it to the thier cart?

Some products of mine will require that a user attaches a file to each item for ordering. The file does not need to be processed or read at all, just stored on the server so I can retreive it manually later when I handle the order.

Thanks in advance,

-Tony

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

leetaylordoes

Total Posts:  227
San Diego, CA

Hey @funkytone,

Anyone address this for you yet? Or have you made any further progress on it?

I’m going to be inserting a custom question and rules within the product description page I believe. About 90% sure I’ll need to.

We can work through this together if you’d like.

Let us know of your current status in regards to this matter.

Thanks,
- Lee

Magento Community
Magento Community

scottious

Total Posts:  3

I’m also looking at doing the same.. have you had any progress on this? I’ll be happy to share what I write towards it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kashif08

Total Posts:  5

I also need the same feature. Do you guys think we can achieve it in the following manner?

Option 1:
1. Force the user to log-in, if they want to upload an image.
2. Save the file to file system. Let the user pick a file name except that Capture the unique user-id and add it to the file name for later retrieval.
3. Configure gift message per item and instruct them to add the file name and any other instruction. 
4. Do whatever you want with the image file based on the gift message in the order per item.

Option 2:
1. Let the user upload the image. Generate a unique file name and save it to the file system.
2. Add a product programmatically/dynamically including the image file name and retrieve the new product id. Make the product invisible so other users can’t see one customers image file.
3. Pass the product id to the ‘Add to Cart’ button code. This will add it as a unique product to the cart and track all info related to it.

Any more ideas, suggestions or solutions would be highly appreciated.

Magento Community
Magento Community

scottious

Total Posts:  3

This is a good start, I think I like option 2 better than option 1 as I think I would rather a user is able to complete the order with very minimal steps.

If we created a “new product” would you then add “attributes” to it to define how they would like the product created. Lets use a “widgets” example and the shop is to provide the service of adding your own print onto a widget. But these widgets may come in different shapes sizes or colours.

So a user uploads their photo and they want it printed on 2 blue square widgets and one red circle widget. So they select the attributes from the available list for an uploaded type product, then they would select their qty.

After getting the desired amount for that image they could then repeat the process with another image upload.

Thoughts?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community