Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Random ‘Missing Class’ errors

whiteswan

Total Posts:  3

I have recently moved a magento 1.6 installation from a private hosting company to AWS, after a few days of configuration problems getting in the way, and due to internal politics, we ended up finally upgrading to 1.8 shortly after. The upgrade brought lots of growing pains, such as our template causing problems with the checkout completing, we’ve had even more strange problems come up.

Since then, we have had random errors of the same types pop up. They are always of the type “PHP Fatal error: Class ‘Mage_Class_Name’ not found in /location/of/requestor.php in line XX”. The error is almost always different, but it will continue to show up and cause problems with whatever script it was trying to run every time someone tries to visit that page until I simply reset the server; at that point it begins to run perfectly.

I don’t know if it’s related or not (I’m pretty sure it’s just my settings), but the error never actually prints on the webpage it serves, just on the server logs. I did install apc, but it’s not currently enabled in my local.xml file (nor is memcached nor redis, which aren’t installed either).

Just to make sure I’m giving the important details, I am running Magento 1.8 on Apache 2.2 with PHP 5.3. I increased the PHP memory limit to 512MB, but this kind of error is making me wonder if that’s not enough....

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community