Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Advanced Sales Statistics & Profit Report by Dimace

Dimace

Total Posts:  28

If anybody has any queries about the new Advanced Sales Statistics app by Dimace feel free to post them up here so that they can be addressed promptly…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Jonathan123

Total Posts:  215

So you don’t save the cost data to the sales table? This would be useful to enable running reports over random time frames, when cost data could have changed.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dimace

Not at this stage. We don’t modify or add to any of the Magento database tables. We simply read the data from Magento’s database architecture, which is then easily compiled by the Advanced Sales Statistics app into the reports for your use and viewing. We don’t like the idea of manipulating the existing Magento database tables.

However, we have plans in the future (if there is enough interest) to develop our app further to allow people to save reports in a new standalone table for later retrieval.  If this occurs it would be a minor update free to existing customers. All existing customers will be entitled to free minor updates such as this.

Magento Community
Magento Community

petro

Total Posts:  4

Been looking for this for a while. Nice extension, does the job well… great support too.

Magento Community
Magento Community

stijns

Total Posts:  2

Can you confirm that this package is compatible with MAGENTO 1.2?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dimace

Some of our clients are running it on Magento 1.2.0.2 perfectly fine.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Abrodsky

Total Posts:  13

Hello,

I have a few questions regarding your module.

Will it work with the Enterprise Edition of Magento 1.6?
Can I customize the reports in case I want additional info?

Last question, are there plans to do an inventory-based reporting?

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dimace

Abrodsky to answer your questions:

1) No this extension has not been tested on any Enterprise Edition of Magento. We are however very confident it will work on enterprise and as such the Dimace team would be happy to offer a refund should it not work for any reason. Please email the Dimace team should you need any more information on this.

2) No the reports cannot be customized as the script has been encrypted to prevent piracy.

3) Yes! We have forecast inventory reporting for an upcoming minor release.

Magento Community
Magento Community

skaft

Total Posts:  5

We had alot of problem, using Advanced Sale Stats. After about seven e-mails back and forth, we got it working thanks to Dimace. I will highly recommend Dimace thanks to their committment and support in our case.

Thanks for a very nice sale stats program.

Stefan
OG Group, Sweden

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dimace

Thanks for the kind words skaft. We were more than happy to help. We understand that Magento is such a flexible application and that obviously on the occasion we will have users come up with compatibility issues based on their custom Magento setups/configurations. Our developers are always keen to help resolve these issues.

Thanks again.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dimace

Hello Naichunlei thanks for inquiring about MASS. The screen shots on the Advanced Sales Statistics web page show the entire functionality of the application. There is no demo version at this stage and we do not offer a 30 day money back guarantee. We are however, more than happy to offer timely and efficient support if you have any issues or questions about the application.

It will work with version 1.3.1.1.

This application was developed for our local clients and is used as a tool to determine information about sales, profit and performance of orders that have been invoiced. I.e.  orders of which payment has been received and an invoice has been created in Magento. If there is no invoice created in Magento then it is assumed that no payment has been received and the order (until invoiced) will be ignored.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dimace

Naichunlei, I’m not sure what more information you require. The screen shots literally cover all aspects of the application, it is a simple but effective app. We value our customers very much and offer great support. For a small investment of $99 we often save our customers hours of hassle every month. The software is encrypted to prevent piracy any adaptations or changes required in most cases can be handled by our team of software developers.

The decision to buy is yours and we won’t ever push you into making that decision, but as it stands this is what is offered.

Magento Community
Magento Community

laProbeta

Total Posts:  35

MASS is a standalone PHP/JavaScript application, not being integrated with Magento framework; using Magento builtin systems (release, deployment, access control, multilingual, model, views, reporting...) would be a great benefint.

In our case we’re not that happy since,

* Lacks builtin Magento access control
- How do I explain now to the three persons that can access MASS data they have to use a different and unpersonal account?
- New security procedures required

* Doesn’t use release management and deployment using Magento modules
- I can’t even know wich MASS version I am using, and already downloaded two different .zip files!
- Builtin Magento admin features (enable/disable module)

* Has configuration issues
- Can’t put config.php under version control since test and production environments always differ
- Why specifying currency twice, one at Magento level and another at MASS level?
- For those who apply, € symbol can be specified using

$currency '€'

I don’t even like MASS ioncube protection,

* Didn’t work at first in my case, support contact was required, not that simple installation!
* You’re missing all the issues a user can solve for you having access to source code

Let’s do it better!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dimace

naichunlei, thanks for your participation… could you please elaborate further on this comment.... “It might be more useful if it’s total profit of multiple articles sold.”...i am interpreting this as, profit of all orders that include a certain product… is this what you are after? this sounds interesting and might be and additional report that we add to the MASS app. Also, looking at adding an inventory report, what are your thoughts?

laProbeta, we appreciate your comments, even though they aren’t positive smile However, we pride ourselves on our ability to work with our customers to come to a solution for any problem, all of our customers would easily confirm this. Our support is second to none. You do raise some valid points though. The MASS app was initially developed for our local clients which required a simple system to retrieve profit reports from their Magento stores. Built in Magento access control was not an issue for these clients and as such was not focused on as a priority during its initial development. This will be looked into at some stage down the track.

Future releases will also abolish the requirement to set currency in the config file. Because the Mass app is a standalone application it would be far to easy for users to copy/share/redistribute unlawfully. We would not be able to afford to offer the support we do if we gave it away for free. Unfortunately, as most of you would understand, we do not live in an ideally honest world, for this reason the software is encrypted.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dimace

Naichunlei,

These comments are harsh considering the programmer you have been liaising with has been on holiday for the past week. Sending your support emails to him rather than our support email admin@dimace.com.au may have prevented us from getting a response to you quicker.

From what has been discussed several significant customizations of the MASS app have already been completed for you specifically at no extra cost. The app was not developed to operate under the customizations of your own Magento install and our staff have been quite helpful to you in making the modifications they have already. We make the best efforts we can to assist our customers in getting MASS working with their various Magento configurations and continue to do so. Your comments seem to be premature and have by no means assisted us in assisting you to come to a solution.

Magento Community
Magento Community

petro

Total Posts:  4

After reading the recent comments i felt i had to voice my opinion as my experience with this MASS script has been nothing but good times. I purchased this script about 2 months ago and not only is it running perfectly fine its also saving me a crap load of time each month!

I also had issues installing this script due to my limited knowledge but Dimace was prompt with there support and i was up and running in no time.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2