Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

3 Columns and the Modern Theme

Claw250487

Total Posts:  5

Hi, I have the modern theme installed and was just wondering if someone can tell me how I go about adding/changing information within the left and right columns? Any help please, this is holding up my progress.

All help is appreciated.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Spek

Total Posts:  77

- go to the backend > system > configuration > developer
- change store to the default store
- enable template path hints under the “debug” section

Now you can see where the template files are when you browse the frontend. Read the designer guide..

Magento Community
Magento Community

Claw250487

Ahhhhh...... I did this, switched everything on as you said and after looking I turned it back to how it was and my footer now looks like this:

{{{Site Map}}{{Site Map}}{{Site Map}}{{Mage_Catalog}}} {{{Search Terms}}{{Search Terms}}{{Search Terms}}{{Mage_CatalogSearch}}} {{{Advanced Search}}{{Advanced Search}}{{Advanced Search}}{{Mage_CatalogSearch}}} {{{Contact Us}}{{Contact Us}}{{Contact Us}}{{Mage_Contacts}}}
{{{Newsletter}}{{Newsletter}}{{Newsletter}}{{Mage_Newsletter}}}{{{Newsletter Sign-up}}{{Newsletter Sign-up}}{{Newsletter Sign-up}}{{Mage_Newsletter}}}:  {{{Help Us to Keep Magento Healthy}}{{Help Us to Keep Magento Healthy}}{{Help Us to Keep Magento Healthy}}{{Mage_Page}}} - {{{Report All Bugs}}{{Report All Bugs}}{{Report All Bugs}}{{Mage_Page}}} {{{(ver. 1.0)}}{{(ver. %s)}}{{(ver. %s)}}{{Mage_Page}}}

{{{Magento is a trademark of Irubin Consulting Inc. DBA Varien. Copyright © 2008 Irubin Consulting Inc.}}{{Magento is a trademark of Irubin Consulting Inc. DBA Varien. Copyright © %s Irubin Consulting Inc.}}{{Magento is a trademark of Irubin Consulting Inc. DBA Varien. Copyright © %s Irubin Consulting Inc.}}{{Mage_Page}}}

The only way I can get it to look like it did originaly is to leave the frontend enabled in translate inline, and obviously I don want to leave that on becasue it allows public to screw with things

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

@Claw250487: refresh cache?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Claw250487

OK, so I still cant find how to change the content in the left or right columns.  I tried to follow the exercise in the designer guide to move things from right to left, however things it references dont appear to be in the files.

Is there any idiot guide?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community