Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 3 of 3
“Onepage” checkout - adding a step

hasnain

Total Posts:  1

I am interested in this, could you please send me your extension to ?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

manish_iitg

Total Posts:  260

I have written a detailed blog here on how to add steps to magento onepage checkout http://www.excellencemagentoblog.com/magento-onestep-checkout-add-step

Magento Community
Magento Community

fancyfiber

Total Posts:  27

@Magestore:

Very interested in how you did the Ajax call on the review page. I am in the process of attempting to create just this sort of thing exactly. If you wouldn’t mind sharing, that would be awesome.

Thanks!

P.S. I attempted to Private Message this request first, but could not send due to “Invalid Screen Name”.

Magento Community
Magento Community

fancyfiber

With a bit of help from the site MageStore posted in his previous message, I was able to complete my task and get coupon codes loading in the onestepcheckout review page. I already had written a module to update product quantity in the one step review page, so I ended up just extending the functionality in that module, but the site proved invaluable to getting this working for me by pointing me in the right direction. I would share the site this is being used on here, but it is not live yet and not accessible on the Internet.

If others have a need for this functionality, I would be willing to share the bits of code that helped out, but I can’t write a module that can just install this functionality into your store.  Love having the forums for sharing knowledge.

Magento Community
Magento Community

robnoon

Total Posts:  13

fancyfiber - 24 October 2011 02:21 PM

With a bit of help from the site MageStore posted in his previous message, I was able to complete my task and get coupon codes loading in the onestepcheckout review page. I already had written a module to update product quantity in the one step review page, so I ended up just extending the functionality in that module, but the site proved invaluable to getting this working for me by pointing me in the right direction. I would share the site this is being used on here, but it is not live yet and not accessible on the Internet.

If others have a need for this functionality, I would be willing to share the bits of code that helped out, but I can’t write a module that can just install this functionality into your store.  Love having the forums for sharing knowledge.

Hi Fancyfiber ... we are trying to achieve this for our shop, would you mind sharing the code and would this work in version 1.5?

Thanks in advance

Rob

Magento Community
Magento Community

fancyfiber

Created a module (you know how to create a module I hope)

Extended the OnepageController:

<?php

require_once ‘Mage/Checkout/controllers/OnepageController.php’;

class MyCompany_MyModule_OnepageController extends Mage_Checkout_OnepageController

/**
* Coupon check
*/
function couponAction()
{
$cart = Mage::getSingleton(’checkout/cart’);
$this->loadLayout(’checkout_onepage_review’);

$couponCode = (string) $this->getRequest()->getParam(’coupon_code’);

if ($this->getRequest()->getParam(’remove’) == 1) {
$couponCode = ‘’;
}
try {
$cart->getQuote()->getShippingAddress()->setCollectShippingRates(true);
$cart->getQuote()->setCouponCode(strlen($couponCode) ? $couponCode : ‘’)
->collectTotals()
->save();

if ($couponCode) {
if ($couponCode == $cart->getQuote()->getCouponCode()) {
$result[’message’] = $this->__(’Coupon code “%s” was applied.’, Mage::helper(’core’)->htmlEscape($couponCode));
$result[’success’] = true;
}
else {
$result[’message’] = $this->__(’Coupon code “%s” is not valid.’, Mage::helper(’core’)->htmlEscape($couponCode));
$result[’success’] = false;
}
} else {
$result[’message’] = $this->__(’Coupon code was canceled.’);
$result[’success’] = true;
}

} catch (Mage_Core_Exception $e) {
$result[’message’] = $e->getMessage();
} catch (Exception $e) {
$result[’message’] = $this->__(’Cannot apply the coupon code.’);
Mage::log(’testing: ‘.$e);
}

// $result[’goto_section’] = ‘review’;
$result[’update_section’] = array(
‘name’ => ‘review’,
‘html’ => $this->_getReviewHtml()
);

$this->getResponse()->setBody(Mage::helper(’core’)->jsonEncode($result));
}
}

----
continued in attachment.......since there aren’t enough characters allowed here.

File Attachments
promo-one-page.txt  (File Size: 8KB - Downloads: 518)

Magento Community
Magento Community

FMEExtensions
Mentor

Total Posts:  1298

http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/fme-one-step-checkout.html

6 Steps to 1

Magento Community
Magento Community

Magestore
Mentor

Total Posts:  1015
Viet Nam

One step checkout extension could be a suggestion for you. This extension has been updated to version 1.2.3 added a lot of useful functions. You could take a look at the demo:
Front-end: http://demo-extension.magestore.com/sandbox/onestepcheckout/
Back-end: http://demo-extension.magestore.com/sandbox/onestepcheckout/index.php/admin

Magento Community
Magento Community

clearcut

Total Posts:  4

I simply wanted to change the title of “gift message” in checkout. I did this and it looks the way I want it to BUT it does not appear in the order review, which I feel is important. Does anyone know how to get the gift message information the customer entered in the shipping section to show in the order review of checkout? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Magento Community
Magento Community

clearcut

Total Posts:  4

I simply wanted to change the title of “gift message” in checkout. I did this and it looks the way I want it to BUT it does not appear in the order review, which I feel is important. Does anyone know how to get the gift message information the customer entered in the shipping section to show in the order review of checkout? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Magento Community
Magento Community

GoMageTeam
Guru

Total Posts:  356
Warsaw, Poland

Hello,

GoMage LightCheckout - One Step Checkout for Magento allows your customers to enjoy fast, easy checkout by combining all the steps into one page only. By simplifying the process, you will increase your online sales.
Responsive and Adaptive design!

Magento checkout is simplified to the minimum with GoMage one page checkout Magento extension.
You can find out more information here: GoMage LightCheckout

Magento Community
Magento Community

FMEExtensions
Mentor

Total Posts:  1298

You many also check useful Magento Extensions by FME to add more functionality on any Magento site.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 3 of 3