Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

“Wildcard Coupon Codes” for big customer base? 

bastiontour

Total Posts:  11

Hey there,

when opening my new magento store I would like to offer my customers a “welcome discount” as a present. From offline-business I collected a big customer base. Each customer has an unique customer number so far, for example “123”. The coupon code for each customer should be customer number + “welcome-present”, for example “123welcome-present”. Because I do not want to enter each single coupon code by hand, I would like to have a kind of wildcard-coupon-code-extension which checks for the pattern 3 digits + the string “welcome-present”. Could this be done with regular expressions or something?

As an alternative, an extension which comfortably allows to create hundreds of coupon codes with only one click would be fine, too.

My question: Does anyone know if magento can do those wildcard-coupon-codes?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community