Referring again to the original post.
Here we are 6 years later and I am having the same problem.
I see the “WSYWIG” button above both “Description” and “Short Description”.
What I dont understand is this:
1) Why don’t you need to do anything with “Short Description” box? It formats the paragraphs exactly like you type it. Hit return twice, and on the front end, you have a new paragraph.
2) Yet on the “Description” box it doesn’t do this by default. Yet both have a WSYWIG button? Even more confusing.
3) So why does this work on “Short Description” but not on “Description” ?
4) Why not just incorporate the code into both boxes?
5) Lastly ... i tried using the WSYWIG button. It makes no sense. It generates a popup with the same text. Looks exactly the same as on the original box. Confusing? So I see a “Hide WSYWIG” button ... .which also makes no sense .... but I click it anyway ... and boom ... everything is now formatted pretty. Yet when I save it ... now the original “Description” box is filled with ugly DIV tags etc.
And there I look - longingly at the “Short Description” box… working all by itself without any help. No ugly DIV or P tags. Wishing and hoping someone would have had the common sense to make both boxes the same.