Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

automatically change language based on browser

newnomad

Total Posts:  8

I would like to see the store language automatically change based on the users browser settings, and remove the language and store strings from the url. Has the team considered apache content negotiation ?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

newnomad

Total Posts:  8

"In the upcoming Magento 1.1 release, automatic detection and delivery of packages, theme(s) (templates, skins, css, layouts) based on the user-agent (client) may be associated on a global, website and store view.”
So do I understand correctly that this would bring automagical language switching, albeit not with the content-negotiation method?

Magento Community
Magento Community

elbie

Total Posts:  3

Newnomad,
Can you confirm that you have been able to do browser based languages switching.
I may have missed something, but am not convinced this is currently available.
Thanks for letting me know.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community