Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Display logo in address bar

Ken.maverick

Total Posts:  101

CAn any body tell me ,how to diplay logo in address bar?

I have .ico file image with size 16 x 16 and i kept it in rrot folder,but its not showing up.

Can anybody tell me is anything i m missing?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

lividinstruments

Total Posts:  64

you probably need to reboot your server. Make sure you reset your browser too, it could just be cached.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MageWorxCom
Guru

Total Posts:  410
Belarus, Minsk, Logoisky Trakt 37

Make sure the name of the file is “favicon.ico”. Also try to clear the browser cache. These pics are cached.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mikele09

Total Posts:  6

The logo is called a favicon. You must rename it to favicon.ico, make sure it is 16x16 and replace these files with it. then clear your cache for your browser and server. =] hope that helps.

* Root directory
* root -> downloader
* root -> 404 -> skin -> your_interface_name -> images
* root -> report -> skin -> your_interface_name -> images
* root -> skin -> adminhtml -> your_interface_name -> your_theme_name
* root -> skin -> frontend -> your_interface_name -> your_theme_name (you should replace the file for each theme you use)
* root -> skin -> install -> your_interface_name -> your_theme_name

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ajixo

Total Posts:  87

I tried to do this.  Did everything that was required and it still did not show then one day i was using firefox and it was showing despite the fact it was not and still not showing on IE7

Magento Community
Magento Community

ShopMagCart

Total Posts:  70

stella - 23 November 2009 03:11 AM

I tried to do this.  Did everything that was required and it still did not show then one day i was using firefox and it was showing despite the fact it was not and still not showing on IE7

If it is showing in Firefox, but not IE, then it is a caching issue in IE.  Delete your temporary internet files and browsing history in IE, then restart your browser.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Commative

Total Posts:  130
XXX

You’re probably not using the proper image format.  I had this problem too, and it was driving me up the wall.  I had just been creating GIFs or PNGs and saving them out as “favicon.ico” This works just fine in most browsers, but IE7 absolutely requires proper ICO format.

To save an image in ICO format, you’ll need a plug-in for Photoshop.  I’m using this one: favicon.ico Format Plug-In For Photoshop

Hope this helps!

Magento Themes by Magentist

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community