Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Upgrade from ver. 1.3.1

sean69

Total Posts:  21

I’m trying to upgrade from ver. 1.3.1 but having problems with the testing. I am trying to copy my magento install to a new domain on the same server and test the upgrade process on the new domain to see what blows up. Here is what I did:

-copied all files over, set appropriate permissions etc.
-copied/dumped the database over
-changed the app/etc/local file to point to new database
-changed the base url/secure base urls in mage_core_config_data
-cleared everything in var/cache var/session

Now that should work, and ~mostly~ does, the front end works fine, I can browse around everything behaves as normal, if I tail -f my access logs on that domain I can see that I am browsing in the correct domain.

IF I try to access admin, all kinds of hell break loose. sometimes I get php errors, usually I get 404 errors, sometimes those errors are from the old domain, sometimes from the new [testing] domain, and occasionally I get the login page.
Now when I do get the login page, it is definitely trying to read the old database [even though I had changed the DB config in local.xml] as I changed the admin user name manually in the database.

I need some help with this please. Anyone with any suggestions.

-thanks
-sean

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

sean69

Total Posts:  21

Hmmm I have an update

Is there somewhere a flag that specifies that SSL must be used for administration pages?

SSL is enabled on the new domain but it would be using the default IP certificate

-sean

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community