Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Configuration link in system menu has stopped working, please help

Sumit Malhotra

Total Posts:  2
Gurgaon, Haryana, India

Hello Friends,

I am presenting a peculiar problem that has come up with my project. My magento installation was working absolutely fine, till I discovered that the System > Configuration link for admin had stopped working. I am getting the following error string and am clueless about how to restore it.

At the same time i am also getting the message.

{{base_url}} is not recommended to use in a production environment to declare the Base Unsecure Url / Base Secure Url. It is highly recommended to change this value in your Magento configuration.

The error string with trace is given below

Warning: simplexml_load_string() [function.simplexml-load-string]: Entity: line 38: parser error : Entity ‘trade’ not defined in /content/HostingPlus/f/r/freeplay-dev.co.uk/web/freeplay_demo/lib/Varien/Simplexml/Config.php on line 510
Trace:
#0 /content/HostingPlus/f/r/freeplay-dev.co.uk/web/freeplay_demo/lib/Varien/Simplexml/Config.php(510): mageCoreErrorHandler(2, ‘simplexml_load_...’, ‘/content/Hostin...’, 510, Array)
#1 /content/HostingPlus/f/r/freeplay-dev.co.uk/web/freeplay_demo/lib/Varien/Simplexml/Config.php(498): Varien_Simplexml_Config->loadString(’loadFile(’loadModulesConfiguration(’/content/Hostin...’)
#4 /content/HostingPlus/f/r/freeplay-dev.co.uk/web/freeplay_demo/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Model/Config.php(63): Mage_Adminhtml_Model_Config->_initSectionsAndTabs(’system.xml’)
#5 /content/HostingPlus/f/r/freeplay-dev.co.uk/web/freeplay_demo/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/System/ConfigController.php(70): Mage_Adminhtml_Model_Config->getSections()
#6 /content/HostingPlus/f/r/freeplay-dev.co.uk/web/freeplay_demo/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(376): Mage_Adminhtml_System_ConfigController->editAction(NULL)
#7 /content/HostingPlus/f/r/freeplay-dev.co.uk/web/freeplay_demo/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(248): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch()
#8 /content/HostingPlus/f/r/freeplay-dev.co.uk/web/freeplay_demo/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(158): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(’edit’)
#9 /content/HostingPlus/f/r/freeplay-dev.co.uk/web/freeplay_demo/app/Mage.php(459): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#10 /content/HostingPlus/f/r/freeplay-dev.co.uk/web/freeplay_demo/index.php(65): Mage::run()
#11 {main}

Will really really appreciate if someone can help me with getting this going. I am at the last lap of the entire project and this has put a spanner in the works. Friends please help urgently.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community