Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 3
Payment Method filterable/selectable by Customer Group. 

EvanBrassart

Total Posts:  13
Dallas, Texas

Rico’s extension works perfectly!  However, I have another issue.  I have retail and wholesale customers and we use google checkout for retail purchases vs. other payment methods for wholesale customers.  How can I handle the “Proceed to Checkout” button’s visibility when only google checkout is selected in Rico’s extension?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

EvanBrassart

Dallas, Texas

I was able to figure this out.  In app/design/frontend/default/default/template/checkout/onepage/link.phtml and app/design/frontend/default/default/template/googlecheckout/link.phtml I added two lines

<?php if(in_array('googlecheckout',Mage::helper('payfilter')->getAllowedPaymentMethodsForCurrentGroup())): ?>

/* The rest of code in app/design/frontend/default/default/template/googlecheckout/link.phtml.  Google checkout will only show if it is enabled */
<?php endif; ?>

<?php if(!in_array('googlecheckout',Mage::helper('payfilter')->getAllowedPaymentMethodsForCurrentGroup())): ?>

/* The rest of code in app/design/frontend/default/default/template/checkout/onepage/link.phtml.  The standard "Proceed To Checkout" button will show */
<?php endif; ?>

Magento Community
Magento Community

jklina

Total Posts:  82
Philadelphia PA

I am also getting 404 errors when trying to access the customer groups after I installed the extension. The only other extensions I have installed are Regional Free Shipping and a blogging extension

Magento Community
Magento Community

jun266

Total Posts:  104

I install this extension, but only some of the payment can be select
see the attach
Thank you

Image Attachments
SpxImage20.jpgSpxImage19.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

shazia sadiq

Total Posts:  1

any one knows how it will work for products as i am not able to see any option for payment filter in products section.

Thanks
Shazia Sadiq

Magento Community
Magento Community

chrisarmstrong

Total Posts:  2

I installed version .1.5 beta, but I can’t seem to find the extension.  I looked into the /app/code/community/ folder and nothing was in there.

reinstalled it via magento connect, successful, but same result.  Any ideas?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ruiLouis

Total Posts:  8

If you have installed Category Group Module or Category Page Module this very module will tear your Magento down. You really have to Backup database before, I almost had a heart attack after seeing what it does.

I’m very upset because I badly needed this module.

Magento Community
Magento Community

HectorPN

Total Posts:  74
Adelaide, Australia

Hi everyone.

Has anyone successfully used this extension on 1.4.2?

Cheers!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Andreus

Total Posts:  1

Rico’s extension is very helpful and working great with Magento 1.5.
There is one issue though. I am also using Customer Credit extension (by MageWorx).
This extension creates another payment method that allows customers to pay for the product using store credits (like in paid version of Magento). The only problem - Rico’s extension does not show Customer Credits among payment methods, that I can disable for specific products. Magento itself sees it, for example when I go to Shopping cart price rules, it shows Customer Credits among other available types of payment methods that I can use to create specific rules.
Anybody encountered the same problem?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Annavakulchik

Total Posts:  9

Hello
I have version 1.5 and I can’t install this extension at all, when I choose version 2.0 it says :
“Invalid package identifier provided: http://connect20.magentocommerce.com/community/RicoNeitzel_PaymentFilter”
and when I trying to install version 1.0:
“ERROR: unable to unpack /var/www/magento/downloader/pearlib/download/RicoNeitzel_PaymentFilter-0.1.6beta.tgz”

Please help grrr

Magento Community
Magento Community

HectorPN

Total Posts:  74
Adelaide, Australia

That is not a bug in the extension but on your Magento. I had the same issue when upgraded to 1.5.1.

This solved my problem, you may want to give it a try:

There is also a bug in current stable PEAR/Archive_Tar implementation resulting in impossibility to unpack archives made by certain software versions. To fix it simply replace downloader/pearlib/php/Archive/Tar.php file with a patched version or apply a patch from http://pear.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=17578&edit;=11.

http://kb.magenting.com/content/22/43/en/solution-magento-error-unable-to-unpack.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

kenosis - 21 April 2008 11:29 AM

We would like to enforce this model via Mage and think a natural mapping of this is to have a Customer Group select list as part of each payment method’s System Configuration.  Then, only the payment methods available to a customer based on the group they are in would be displayed in the Payments section of the single screen check out.

This is the exact way the Shipping & Payment By Customer Groups extension works

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mellow

jun266 - 13 September 2009 03:50 PM

I install this extension, but only some of the payment can be select
see the attach
Thank you

I have still the same.

Extension works fine, but i have 6 active Payment Methods and only 5 are visible at the list. With the active Payment Filter the Costumer cannot Pay with all the Methods i have. I checked at mySQL what Data is in the Field of the Groups an there i can see the the Payment ALIAS and a ID. The ALIAS i found for my missing Payment Method, but where i can find the ID of the Method?

Payment Alias CHECKMO have ID 8

I checked at the Config_Data Table and found all he Methods, but there are different IDs for every Payment Method.

I sent a Mail to the Dev-Team of this Extension but still i got no response.

How is this Extension looking which Payment Methods are active?
Maybe, some of this Payment Method Extension are buggy ?

I dont know…

Thx

Michael

Magento Community
Magento Community

jbcbaker

Total Posts:  3

I am looking for a mod that will do exactly this but we are working on enterprise 1.11.2 any idea if this will work?

failing that any other suggestions?

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

hbraun

Total Posts:  8
Hartland WI

Any word on getting it work with EE 1.11 or higher?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 3