Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Payment Method filterable/selectable by Customer Group. 

kenosis

Total Posts:  45

In our business, only certain customers can pay via certain payment methods: for a customer to pay, say, via invoice based on Sales Order, they must contact a Sales Rep and once approved are permitted to pay via this method.  We would like to enforce this model via Mage and think a natural mapping of this is to have a Customer Group select list as part of each payment method’s System Configuration.  Then, only the payment methods available to a customer based on the group they are in would be displayed in the Payments section of the single screen check out.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Brandon168

Total Posts:  14

I second this notion.  We too have select customers, usually businesses, who are permitted to pay via a purchase order.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dilbert4life

Total Posts:  27

I needed this same functionality. And after some quick google-fu, I came across an extension made by RicoNeitzel. It is still in beta, but it does exactly what it needs to.

Check it out here. – http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/764/paymentfilter-for-products-and-customer-groups

//Here is some SEO for this, as it was not easy to find:

Filter Payment Methods Magento
Payment Methods available by group
only allow certain payment methods for certain customer groups

Magento Community
Magento Community

dilbert4life

This extension is not supported by 1.3.1, which stinks because that is my current build.

Magento Community
Magento Community

hcpunk

Total Posts:  24

dilbert, check your Magento Connect… new beta version is out and has been working great for me so far!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Nexus Rex

Total Posts:  139
Utah, USA

Confirmed. This works great for me on 1.3.1.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dilbert4life

Nexus Rex - 30 April 2009 04:14 AM

Confirmed. This works great for me on 1.3.1.

See, it doesn’t for me. I have a group that is disallowed the PO checkout payment method. I changed my test account to that group, created an order, went to checkout - and still had the PO payment method available. Not sure what is going on. Maybe I am having a conflict with another extension that I have installed. IDK

EDIT: I attempted a reinstall - but when I tried to do the suggested SQL query (ALTER TABLE `customer_group` DROP `allowed_payment_methods`;) It gave me an error saying that table the attribute didn’t exist. So I was like - OK. Then I reinstalled - and it didn’t create the allowed_payment_methods attribute in the table either. I went ahead and changed some settings for the module, saved them, checked, and it still wasn’t created.

I am going to try to manually create that table to find out if it will then save the data to it. IDK

EDIT: Confirmed - Not working. Even after manually adding the table to mysql, It does not work properly. I have everything (as far as I can tell) set properly - just as I did when it was working before; only now it is not working.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dilbert4life

Rico Neitzel - 02 May 2009 11:04 PM

i’m not sure what is wrong with your installation - can you provide me with a list of installed extensions?

thanks
rico

Attached is a screenshot of all my installed community extensions.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Image Attachments
Picture 1.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

itchytrig

Total Posts:  162
UK

Running 1.3.1, payments were not selectable in Customer Groups after upgrade to 1.3.1, so checked Magento Connect and updated Rico’s script RicoNeitzel_PaymentFilter to 0.1.3beta - all fixed - panic over

smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

TonyLush

Total Posts:  44

I’ve been trying to install the current version into 1.3.1 without success.  Did you have any issues installing?

Thanks—Tony

Magento Community
Magento Community

IFBDesign

Total Posts:  5
Rockford, IL

TonyLush - 28 May 2009 07:17 PM

I’ve been trying to install the current version into 1.3.1 without success.  Did you have any issues installing?

Thanks—Tony

do you have your settings set to be able to install beta extensions?

Magento Community
Magento Community

TonyLush

Yes, Beta is OK’d, and the install does create the new field in the CustomerGroup table, and make the proper inserts into the other two tables.

The module is written into the appropriate location in the magento/app/code/community/RicoNeitzel folder.

Thanks—Tony

Magento Community
Magento Community

eiocreative

Total Posts:  21

I can’t get it to work either. 404 errors when trying to access customer groups page.

Magento Community
Magento Community

TonyLush

Eiocreative, did you have any other extensions installed? To make sure I had a clean install I did a fresh install of Magento 1.3.1 and still had the same issue.

Thanks—Tony

Magento Community
Magento Community

EvanBrassart

Total Posts:  13
Dallas, Texas

Rico’s extension works perfectly!  However, I have another issue.  I have retail and wholesale customers and we use google checkout for retail purchases vs. other payment methods for wholesale customers.  How can I handle the “Proceed to Checkout” button’s visibility when only google checkout is selected in Rico’s extension?

Magento Community
Magento Community

EvanBrassart

Total Posts:  13
Dallas, Texas

I was able to figure this out.  In app/design/frontend/default/default/template/checkout/onepage/link.phtml and app/design/frontend/default/default/template/googlecheckout/link.phtml I added two lines

<?php if(in_array('googlecheckout',Mage::helper('payfilter')->getAllowedPaymentMethodsForCurrentGroup())): ?>

/* The rest of code in app/design/frontend/default/default/template/googlecheckout/link.phtml.  Google checkout will only show if it is enabled */
<?php endif; ?>

<?php if(!in_array('googlecheckout',Mage::helper('payfilter')->getAllowedPaymentMethodsForCurrentGroup())): ?>

/* The rest of code in app/design/frontend/default/default/template/checkout/onepage/link.phtml.  The standard "Proceed To Checkout" button will show */
<?php endif; ?>

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2