Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How to customize clones sites in my magento web site

AleGringo

Total Posts:  33

Hi, people i have a problem.... my mageto have multi web sites..., how customize for display my diferents designs on the frontend.  Regards Alegringo.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Charles

Total Posts:  73
Belgium

Ale,
check out info (knowledge base, screencast, ...) on creating multisite and mutiple stores
Gr,
Charles

Magento Community
Magento Community

cripkd

Total Posts:  2

Hello, I have the same question, but I have watched teh screencasts.
My problem is this. I have succesfully configured the multisite/multidomain. That works, separate root category and all.
But. I want different skins across the 2 domains.
I have read this: http://www.magentocommerce.com/design_guide/articles/working-with-magento-themes
Aside the fact that some stuff seems slighter diff (maybe its written for an older version of magento?) its still not very clear how to do this.
Lets say i want the theme for my secondary domain (the one where magento doenst reside) to be called cars. So i have cars/cars inside app/design/frontend.
I have the same inside skin.
Now, i go to configuration, under this domain’s scope.
I set cars as package,template, skin, etc name.
I set cars-domain.com as Base Link URL and leave default/use domain for the Base URL.
This works, i now see the secondary theme on my secondary domain.
But the links to the categories are wrong, they have the original domain url in them.
What is the difference between Base Link URL and Base URL?
What do i need to set to have the categories and possibly product links point to the new domain and still have the themes pulled out the new theme’s folder?
Also, where exactly do i make this settings, at the Domain level or at the view level? I have domain/store/view in the scope dropdown, and i can pick domain and view.
Also, does it matter where do i set this?
Thank you in advance,
Cristian

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community