Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Advanced Search on front page

NicholasMorris

Total Posts:  51

Hi there,

I was wondering if there was a way for Magento to show the advanced search option on the front page - and if so is there an easy way of doing it?

With that in mind, i need to include a few more options into the search.  The website being built is for car sales similar to : http://www.carsales.com.au/ - and so would need to include make, model, price etc in the search categories.  Is this feature available within Magento?

Thanks for your help,
Nic

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Prad

Total Posts:  72

Hi,

I am assuming that your frontpage (or homepage) is a cms page. To display catalog search in your cms page, you just need to add the code below in your cms page content.

<block type="catalogsearch/advanced_form" name="catalogsearch_advanced_form" template="catalogsearch/advanced/form.phtml"/>
This code displays advanced search in cms page, you can position it by yourself.

Yes of course, you can display those attributes in advanced search. For this, you will have to login in admin section and move to “SYSTEM >> CATALOG >> ATTRIBUTES >> MANAGE ATTRIBUTES”. You can select and edit one of the attribute, then under “Frontend Properties” you can find option “Use in advanced search”, just choose “yes” for this option and save. You will find your attribute in advanced search.

Enjoy

Magento Community
Magento Community

NicholasMorris

Total Posts:  51

Thanks very much Dinkar,
I’ll give it a go and see how I go!
Cheers
Nic wink

Magento Community