Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Database - Manufacturer Addition

TJNevis

Total Posts:  40

I decided to add a manufacturer attribute to assign to my products.  I have 150 products before I started to use the manufacturer drop down.  Is there a way I can go into the database using phpmyadmin and quickly setting the manufacturer to the existing products without the manufacturer attribute assigned?

Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

maciek79

Total Posts:  15

try to export them to csv, add new column and import modified file.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kaancho

Total Posts:  24

hi TJNevis,
This is something that I am trying to do also.
Can you tell me how you have done this so far?

The part I am lost personally is in the creation of module on “sql” folder which connects to the magento database. I am not sure if Magento is using “Active Record” for its queries..

Magento Community
Magento Community

Michae1
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

Hi guys,

Doesn’t mass product attribute updating fit your needs ?

Select the products by clicking on “Select All” or “Select Visible” after you have applied the filters, or just select them manually, then select “Update Attributes” in the “Actions” drop-down and click on “Submit”.
On the “Update Attributes” page check the “Change” checkbox at the field you want to change, put the value in this field, and submit the form.

Please let me know if it is not the thing you are talking about.

Thank you,
Michael.

Magento Community
Magento Community

TJNevis

Total Posts:  40

Perfect!  I didn’t know about that cool ‘mass update’ feature.  If it wasn’t for that I am sure the csv export and import would have worked.  Thanks for the great ideas guys!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community