Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento admin and database

F. P.

Total Posts:  55

How does Magento interact with the MySQL database if I delete categories with products inside?

For example: There are lets say five categories with subcategories. Inside every category there are 100 products. So if i delete a category or subcategory, what happens with the products? Are they deleted too or do those products remain somewhere in the database?

A few other shop systems can be easily messed up by deleting categories with products.

Another question is: If I delete products, a customer has ordered, does the order tables keep those products , so that the shop administrator or the customer can still see the ordered products in the account history on the customer site or in the order history on the admin site?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community