Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Simpe products which are options of configurable product shown seperately in order details

Borut

Total Posts:  12

Hello

I have weird problem after migrating Magento Community 1.7.0.2 to production server. My store has only configurable products and all simple products are set as Not visible individually. While ordering everything works fine, but after order is finished and you go to Order history or in Admin Orders you can see some simple products shown separately. They have price 0$ since they are only options of Configurable products and not meant to be shown anywhere. On my development server this never happens.

I also looked in database in table sales_flat_order_item and noticed that these particular products have parent_item_id set to null, and not as their parent configurable item. And this happens only sometimes in some orders, randomly.

Also I have noticed that all these problematic simple products have increment id in sales_flat_order_item smaller than their parent configurable item, as they are inserted to database before parent. In dev server this never happens. It is also not logical, since configurable product should always be created first in order to get increment id which is later used for its child.

Any ideas what could be wrong? What could be reason for this?

Cheers,
Borut

Image Attachments
lost_parent.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Borut

What I also noticed is that in quote items list, the order of products on production server is also different. On dev server configurable product always appears first before its child simple products, but on production simple product is sometimes before its parent (has smaller id in sales_flat_quote_item). I suspect that wrong order of items in quote also causes problems with order items later ... but what could be the reason??

Any ideas on how to debug this would be appreciated.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Borut

This is weird. Later I moved the site to 3rd server, the error also never happens here, only on one server, which is supposed to be production. Servers are similar, the one having this strange problem is FreeBSD, PHP Version 5.3.27, MySQL Server version: 5.1.70 - FreeBSD port: mysql-server-5.1.70.

If anyone has an idea what could be the cause of this I would really appreciate it…

Magento Community
Magento Community

Borut

I found the problem - MySQL on production server had no InnoDb engine in MySQL, which resulted all tables to fallback to MyISAM. I didn\’t notice it while importing, since InnoDb has been standard for long time. Because MyIsam has no support for relations and transactions this explains strange behavior.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community