Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Blank / white admin login page

Trykkeriet

Total Posts:  17

Hi

After updating to Magento 1.8.0 I can’t load the admin-section of my webshop.
The Frontpage works fine, but the admin page suddently doesn’t work.

I’ve tried editing the index.php, and adding the ini_set(’display_errors’, 1); and ini_set(’memory_limit’,’1024M’);
but the white adminpage, still doesn’t write any errors.

Do you guys have an idea what may be causing this error?

Please help me.

Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Trykkeriet

Total Posts:  17

I found out that if I turn off the mage_widget.xml file, it shows the error page, where I get this error:

a:4:{i:0;s:55:"Module "Mage_Newsletter" requires module "Mage_Widget".";i:1;s:758:"#0 /Users/admin/webserver/enjo/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(849): Mage::throwException('Module "Mage_Ne...')
#1 /Users/admin/webserver/enjo/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(812): Mage_Core_Model_Config->_sortModuleDepends(Array)
#2 /Users/admin/webserver/enjo/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(315): Mage_Core_Model_Config->_loadDeclaredModules()
#3 /Users/admin/webserver/enjo/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(414): Mage_Core_Model_Config->loadModules()
#4 /Users/admin/webserver/enjo/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(343): Mage_Core_Model_App->_initModules()
#5 /Users/admin/webserver/enjo/app/Mage.php(683): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#6 /Users/admin/webserver/enjo/index.php(89): Mage::run('', '
store')
#7 {main}";s:3:"url";s:6:"/admin";s:11:"script_name";s:10:"/index.php";}

And when I activate it again, I only get the white admin page, but no errors.... :(

Magento Community
Magento Community

bunoire14

Total Posts:  1

Im suffering the same issue, however my upgrade process didint work. I believe it failed and satyaed on 1.7.0.2.

My font end works fine but the backend just whites out on the login page?

Has anyone seen this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

hellekim

Total Posts:  3

I’m having this same issue as well - has someone solved it?

I got errors enabled in index.php, no errors - just blank admin area. I don’t know how to turn on Magento error logging as I got no access to admin area :(

I hope someone has a solution for this…

Magento Community
Magento Community

plutus

Total Posts:  2

Hi all.

Firstly, you need to set display_errors=On in php.ini to show the error message. If the error message is ”Fatal error: Call to undefined function curl_setopt() in \lib\Varien\Http\Adapter\Curl.php on line 87”, you need to install or enable php_curl

If you are using XAMPP:
1. Open file php.ini
2. Uncomment this line extension=php_curl.dll by removing the semi-colon.
3. Restart Apache.

Good luck grin

Magento Community
Magento Community

hellekim

Total Posts:  3

Thanks for the reply!

I actually found the answer from someone else earlier. The problem was that during the upgrade I didn’t get any errors, however, many files were missing from admin area and therefore even the errors didn’t arrive.

Uploaded the admin templates and files again and it was business like usual again.

Magento Community
Magento Community

hexdoll

Total Posts:  11

I got the same problem when I moved a Magento site to a different server, I fixed it by installing the Debian php5-curl package.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community