Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

One website, multiple store, multiple store views

danilodimoia

Total Posts:  36
Chieti

HI, I would like to create my first Magento E-comm site. My client, based in Italy, sells products all over the world.
So my schema should be: one website and multiple store: north America store, central & south america store, italy store, europe store, china store, russia store and australia store. Anyway, stores are created to manage taxes separately.

All stores, anyway, have to share clients, products (quantity, SKU, and so on) but not product description, metatags because those are language-based stuff.
So I have to create store views (view_IT, view_EN, view_ES and so on) to show products in multiple languages. I mean: a store can have more than one language: “europe store” (all EU but Italy) for instance will have french, deutch and english langs.

First of all:how to access to each store or store view? mysite.com/view_name or mysite.com/store_name doesn’t work for me.
How to add a multilanguage product?
Is it possible to promote products only for a store, i.e. for “North America” store?

TIA
Danilo

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie

Total Posts:  1655
Waterloo, ON

I haven’t done this yet myself, but this should help explain everything:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/knowledge-base/entry/overview-how-multiple-websites-stores-work

Magento Community
Magento Community

danilodimoia

Chieti

thanks for reply, sherrie.

Scenario presented in that tutorial is multiple websites with multiple stores: I need *one* website and multiple stores (with multiple views for store).
In chat someone told me that I cannot share clients between websites and anyway I have to add products for each website. I don’t need that: I need clients and products shared between stores, with localized text (basically). I have to add product one time and then translate them in each language.

Magento Community
Magento Community

seDev

Total Posts:  51

Hi Danilo,

These videos are probably what you need:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/blog/comments/video-creating-multiple-online-storefronts-part1/
http://www.magentocommerce.com/blog/comments/video-creating-multiple-online-storefronts-part-2/

I have three separate stores that have different currencies and different prices - not currency converted prices. This has proved to be a little more complicated, but for your purposes, it sounds like you just need to follow the instructions above.

Good luck,

Seamus

Magento Community
Magento Community

danilodimoia

Chieti

Hi, I’ve seen those videos but it’s not explained for instance how to translate categories tree. When he changes from swedish to english (in second video) menu with categories doesn’t change (terms remain the same). Maybe it’s not possible or maybe I have to create one categories’ tree for each store view (view EN, view_IT and so on...)

HI
Danilo

Magento Community
Magento Community

Charles

Total Posts:  73
Belgium

Danilo,
you’ll see on the upper part of the left column a dropdown with the various stores you created.
Select the store (language) you need. After that select the category and start translating.
Gr,
Charles

Magento Community
Magento Community

danilodimoia

Chieti

Yes, it works!
Thanks for help smile

Danilo

Magento Community
Magento Community

thedoctor

Total Posts:  14

seDev - 21 April 2008 05:14 AM

Hi Danilo,

These videos are probably what you need:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/blog/comments/video-creating-multiple-online-storefronts-part1/
http://www.magentocommerce.com/blog/comments/video-creating-multiple-online-storefronts-part-2/

I have three separate stores that have different currencies and different prices - not currency converted prices. This has proved to be a little more complicated, but for your purposes, it sounds like you just need to follow the instructions above.

Good luck,

Seamus

Hi,

Would you mind sharing how you got your currency setup working? I’m going round in circles trying to figure out how to this! I need just what you have - 3 stores, 3 currencies and 3 different prices that aren’t converted.

Thanks,

doc

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community