Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Copyright

houstontx

Total Posts:  1

Hi everybody,

I asked a programmer to develop an extension for me since I have an e-comm website and I got a new idea. I paid him a bunch of money but I found out He was trying to sell the extension. May I use a copyright for the codes of that extension? How can I make sure the codes He gave me are the right ones?

Thank you

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

TutorialMagento

Total Posts:  133

houstontx - 21 October 2013 02:38 PM

Hi everybody,

I asked a programmer to develop an extension for me since I have an e-comm website and I got a new idea. I paid him a bunch of money but I found out He was trying to sell the extension. May I use a copyright for the codes of that extension? How can I make sure the codes He gave me are the right ones?

Thank you

It’s hard to stop him from selling that extension since he’s the one who created it. To avoid this problem, you should only work with well-reputed programmer and there must be an agreement about this before the job starts.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community