Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Does Magento 1.8 support cross-tier pricing options? 

pezomatic

Total Posts:  190

We are currently using Magento 1.4.1 and we are using an add-on to get cross-tier pricing. Has this feature finally been incorporate into Magento or does it still require a plug-in or custom code?

Example: Buy 1 shirt for $18 or 2+ shirts for $15 each. Customer orders 1 medium Van Halen shirt and 1 large Led Zepplin shirt and the shopping cart shows each item for $15.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

pezomatic

I see that these forums are still as helpful as they always were. smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Siggi_Schmitz
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  811

I dont think so, but why not download magento 1.8 and try it? Or have a look in the release notes.

Magento Community
Magento Community

pezomatic

Okay, so you do not know the answer to my question and you are basically telling me to RTFM? Seriously, what’s the point in wasting your time posting a replies like this?

Before positing my question here I read through the 1.8 release notes and I could not find not find anything related to cross-tier pricing. So before I waste an hour setting up a new store to test if this feature finally exists natively in Magento 1.8 I thought that I would post my question to the user forum. I was hoping that over the past two years Magento had attracted a large enough audience that the forums might be more helpful than they were when Magento 1.4 was released.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Siggi_Schmitz
Enthusiast

So, if you really need one hour to install Magento and test this feature...then it’s really wasting of time to speak with you. Better wait a few days more for an answer instead of testing it by yourself, mate^^

Magento Community
Magento Community

pezomatic

Siggi_Schmitz - 02 November 2013 01:48 PM

So, if you really need one hour to install Magento and test this feature...then it’s really wasting of time to speak with you. Better wait a few days more for an answer instead of testing it by yourself, mate^^

Once again, so you do not know the answer to my question and you are basically telling me to RTFM? Seriously, what’s the point in wasting your time posting replies like this?

Woop Woop, your up to 756 posts. Congrats!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Siggi_Schmitz
Enthusiast

And what’s the point to wait 1 week for an answer instead of try it by yourself?

Magento Community
Magento Community

pezomatic

Siggi_Schmitz - 02 November 2013 02:14 PM

And what’s the point to wait 1 week for an answer instead of try it by yourself?

Siggi, I am not sitting around waiting for an answer. I have a very busy schedule and I was checking the forums to see if anyone responded before setting up a server to test 1.8 myself.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community