Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Shipping Module Rules

MunchyMonster

Total Posts:  71
New Hampshire, USA

I suppose this is similar to the question I asked about Payment Module Rules, but I figured it might be different enough to warrant it’s own request for info.  The differenc here is that I want a more complex “rule” to decide if a payment module is available.  Ultimately I’d like to write a shipping module manager that would allow me to set rules for when each shipping module is available based on things like destination, product mix, etc.  For example certain items are available by delivery only, to a certain list of local of Zip Codes (Yes I’m an American.  I apologize for my ignorance of international shipping terms), other items can be shipped or delivered.  While I am only going to use my shipping manager to control a limited number of variables I think there is potential for a great deal of flexibility here.  Especially if I can expand or generalize it to handle creating payment module rules as well.

Is anybody doing this?  Is the data available to do this?

Any help would be apprieciated.  PHP is not my “first” language, but I am a coder by profession.  I should be able to do this, right?

-MunchyMonster

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community