Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

“Date Added” as a Sort By Option? 

moki

Total Posts:  18

Hi all,
I’d like have an additional option in the Sort By list for the user to view products in order of date added, so that they can see the most recently added products at the top of the list.  I read this post (http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/4029/#t20566) about how to add an attribute to the sort by list, but I can’t find a “Date Added” attribute.  I’m surprised that this isn’t a built-in option.  Has anyone been able to do this?

Thanks! grin

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

alkarim
Guru

Total Posts:  368

hi moki… I think that you should make a new module for this kind though
I guess

Magento Community
Magento Community

sdb

Total Posts:  223
coastal California, USA

I would hope someone might want to create a feature like this. Sort by date added is pretty useful.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dkoo761

Total Posts:  8

you can sort by the attribute “entity_id” to accomplish this. That is the ID of the product and each time you add a product, you get an entity_id one number larger than the previous ID. So sorting by descending on that attribute will give you the desired result.

What I’m looking for is how to sort by an attribute that I’ve created smile

Dave

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community