Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Best Magento optimized Web hosting for medium-sized business? 

nu_cuoi_battu

Total Posts:  2

Hi everyone, I’m gonna open an online store that is built on Magento platform (customers are mainly located in EU&US;). Some developers told me that magento is a resource demanding platform so I need a good magento optimized hosting to have my website run smoothly.
My store will have about 4000+ products and I intend to install most of magento plugins for online business like: onestepcheckout, gift card, affiliate.
I’m looking for a good hosting that can afford my website. I hope to have some advice from magento experts on this forum
Thanks in advance for any help
Jone

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

TutorialMagento

Total Posts:  133

Hi Jone,
With your description, I think you will need a magento optimized hosting that has server in US/EU
As you know, magento is a resource-demanding platform, you’d better choose a hosting that supports magento requirements, refer here:
Magento System Requirements
Also, support is an important factor as you will need their help many times.
You may refer this article about top hosting optimized for magento
http://tutorialmagento.com/top-5-affordable-magento-hosting
Hope this helps

Magento Community
Magento Community

serpyre
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  771

We now have these On-Demand Web Clusters which is priced per visitor, bascially managed versions of the Nexcess Clusters which cost $5,000/mth. We have been using them for a while, stupidly fast Google indexing and ranking, we are resellers for smaller stores to access all the benefits of cluster technology including instant scaling for triple digit growth.

Magento Community
Magento Community

diegogodin

Total Posts:  37

You may take a look at this magento web hosting review
Top 5 Magento web hosting

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sindre|ProperHost
Mentor

Total Posts:  1158

You will get plenty of advise on these forums - more or less biased. Whoever you choose as your provider, make sure you do your research first in order to make an informed decision. Send some pre-sale questions to check their response and ask some Magento specific questions to get a feeling for their knowledge of Magento and whether they actually provide technical support for Magento. Many hosts that advertise “Magento hosting” does not have a Magento optimized platform. It is just a marketing gimmick. They will put you on the same server that Joe Blow is hosting his Wordpress blog. The least you should expect is that they have a Magento demo store to test their performance. Although they claim to support the Magento technical requirements (most hosts do now anyways..), does not mean it will run Magento fast.

I advise you not to pay too much attention to these “top 5, top 10” etc. hosting lists. They are created purely for the purpose of generating affiliate income, and the listings are ordered based on amount of commission they pay for referrals. This will not give you the best solution for your needs.

Generally speaking, avoid the <$10 shared hosts as they often have too many limits and restrictions on CPU usage, RAM etc, which will became a problem down the road. A responsive and reliable web site is a critical success factor for your online business, and hosting should be thought of as an important investment rather than a necessary expense. You do not have to start with a $xxx dedicated server, but make sure to choose a host that can scale with you.

Good luck!

Magento Community
Magento Community

donaldrew

Total Posts:  5

nu_cuoi_battu - 20 October 2013 11:32 PM

Hi everyone, I’m gonna open an online store that is built on Magento platform (customers are mainly located in EU&US;). Some developers told me that magento is a resource demanding platform so I need a good magento optimized hosting to have my website run smoothly.
My store will have about 4000+ products and I intend to install most of magento plugins for online business like: onestepcheckout, gift card, affiliate.
I’m looking for a good hosting that can afford my website. I hope to have some advice from magento experts on this forum
Thanks in advance for any help
Jone

I just do a quick search on forum and see this thread http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/398925/, it ‘s very useful. And think you should search before ask.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Elizabethanne

Total Posts:  1

You can try Mage-shop’s products
With over 10 year experience, Mage-shop provides a wide range of Magento Extension which allow online business owners to increase sales and customer’s satifaction as soon as possible
we are proud of bringing customer best products with reasonable prices.
Our skillful teams working together with experienced experts are always willing to help you whenever you need.
here are some of our products:
Ultimate MegaMenu- Only $39
One Step Checkout Extension- only $39

you can go to this link to find more details: http://www.mage-shop.com/

Magento Community
Magento Community

adnanfasih

Total Posts:  7

Hi Jone,

I’m looking for a good hosting that can afford my website. I hope to have some advice from magento experts

As per your requirements, I will suggest you to go with Managed Magento Hosting provider. So not only you can experience secure and fast hosting even you can get the help of Magento Experts 24/7 to keep you site up and running with full efficiency.

Source: http://www.cloudways.com/en/magento-managed-cloud-hosting.php

Magento Community
Magento Community

JohnPerry

Total Posts:  21

Hi,

A team of adept magento professionals who all work under one roof at our techno rich office. We play a lot of hacky sack. We work from our front porch when the weather’s right. We love working together and creating things for our clients that we’re proud of.I am Monty Magento expert can I help You? You can send your requirement on our mail at or Add me on skype for your requirement discussion. Skype : bizspice_monty.. You can see here http://ilovemage.com/hire-dedicated-magento-developers.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

davidclarksp

Total Posts:  12

It ‘s difficult to say who is the best in the optimized web hosting world. You can look at this good reviews for top 3 best magento hosting

Magento Community
Magento Community

magesolutions

Total Posts:  91

davidclarksp - 11 May 2014 02:27 AM

It ‘s difficult to say who is the best in the optimized web hosting world. You can look at this good reviews for top 3 best magento hosting

I think the URL you provided is good to start with, davidclarksp.
Because, magento hosting is not easy to choose with a lot of server requirements what we need to follow to make it work fast. If you ‘ve every hosted a magento site, you will realize the basic server requirements is not enough, we need more extra features to make magento work smooth. There are some more features about caching you can look at what will improve the performance very much.

- Server opcode cache: APC, eAccelerator ... because magento ‘s heavy so that opcode can’t be forget in server configuration. Let ‘s require it as a main feature of your server
- Dynamic Cache engine: memcached, redis ... any cache faster than filesystem cache will help your magento site faster a lot
- Varnish proxy cache: no word to say, it ‘s famous in magento world to help your site faster even 100x

Magento Community
Magento Community

thetechsuport

Total Posts:  1

Nexcess Hosting is really good, even i have suggested few of my client for hosting there online store. They have got the good offer from online coupon site

http://www.thetechsuport.com/goto/magento-optimized-hosting-on-nexcess-hosting-as-low-as-24-99/439

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community