Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

ALL ABOUT CATEGORIES - How do I.. 

archer

Total Posts:  12

Hey guys.. i really need your help.. i got couple of questions that needs to be answered asap..

here are they:
1) How would i display categories on the homepage with images for each category? The images should link to each corresponding categories.

2) How would i display categories without the subcategories being displayed when you hover your mouse in the category name found in the category list in the header? I want to get rid of subcategories being displayed on the top menu.

3) I have 3 main categories in my store. I wanted to display the subcategories of one of my main categories in the sidebar. How will i do it? Do we have any parameters for fetching records from a specific category?

4) i want to add categories in my homepage. How will i get the category id?

Thanks a lot. smile

Image Attachments
remove-subcat.jpgcategories-img.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Tiff

Total Posts:  107
Upstate NY

I’m interested in #1 and #2 also.

There was a post somewhere a while ago about stopping sub-navigation on top menu by adjusting anchors in the admin, but in 1.0 that doesn’t seem to work. Whether I set my main cat. to an anchor or not, it still shows submenu.  I have WAYYYY too many subcats for this and it goes well below the page view and is not navigable.

Thanks,

Magento Community
Magento Community

archer

Total Posts:  12

hope someone could answer my questions above.. :(

Magento Community
Magento Community

cammilla

Total Posts:  4

Lol, I made that in my site: http://www.airesmoda.com but I was on weed and I don’t remember how I did it. Anyway if you want the files I could send you, please check if what I have in my site is what you mean, if it’s just send me a mail to and I’m sending you the files I have edited =)

Greetings!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community